FAS Gear Wish

stm113

Power User
I think this would be a cool piece of kit but realize I am probably alone on this...

I think a very cool product would be an Ace FX desk top/recording interface. I am sure it’s not quite this simple but I envision it to be something akin to the FM3 but without the switches and the addition of a couple of XLR inputs and phantom power. I’d love to be able to record guitars and vocals, maybe even with the option to gently compress/limit vocals on the way in with some console/preamp emulation. And of course with the unit being the interface reamping would be more convenient.

what you guys think?

This wouldn't even be difficult, but why do this, if there are excellent desktop interfaces available for sub-$200?

For me the value is that it would integrate my interface, amp sim all into 1 unit, especially since I would not be taking my unit out for gigging. I envision it to be maybe like a table top FM 3 without the switches but with just a touch more power, or a table top AF3 with less routing. It would also be cool to have a couple of XLR ins that would maybe have some console or pre amp modeling for vocals, acoustics etc.

Cliff mentioned ( on TGP I think) that they were considering making an audio interface but they concluded that the market was crowded enough in that space, IIRC.

That's probably the only thing I would want from them. Actually also an FRFR but it probably won't happen for the same reason listed above.

Would like to see the FAS Reverb plugin updated with a scalable interface. Still sounds great but seems like that plugin was a test case for a plugin line that never materialized. It's pretty much been on permanent discount since it was introduced. Again, so much competition with plugins it's ridiculous so I wouldn't bet on there being another Fractal plugin but I'd like to be wrong

It would be my dream to see the Axe-FX 3 emulate outboard analog gear using all the crazy powerful DSP at its disposal. Like emulating an SSL bus compressor or a Neve 1073 or something. However, plugins are way more convenient and can already sound really great so unless Fractal developed a solution that sounded head and shoulders better than stuff from Acustica or whatever I doubt they would consider that worth implementing. I'd love the idea of my Axe III being a digital audio Swiss army knife, though.

Back
Top Bottom