• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FAS-FX Reverb only works when exported from DAW in Real Time

getlostinsound

Inspired
I had a new experience today when working on a session in Presonus Studio One v4. I’ve used S1 for several years, since v1. I had a few tracks sending to a reverb bus with an FAS-FX VST plugin on it. I got the mix sounding good, so I exported (mixed down) to a stereo WAV file (standard practice for me). When listening back to the WAV, I realized that the reverb on the vocals wasnt there after about the first 30 seconds of the song. I went back to Studio One to check, figuring I must have accidentally automated volume on the reverb track, but the reverb was there throughout the whole song, as it should be. Exported again - same issue. Finally I decided to export the mix, using the “mix down in real time” option, and it worked perfectly.

I’ve never encountered this with any plugins in Studio One. I tried a different reverb instead, and it exported correctly without having to use the real time export option. Have any of you had this happen with FAS-FX in your DAW (or with any other plugins)?

getlostinsound

Inspired
I'm still running into this. I'm using FAS-FX weekly, if not daily, and I always have to bounce the mix in real time. If I don't, the reverb will cut out about 30 seconds into the song. Anyone else?

Top Bottom