FAS-FX Reverb only works when exported from DAW in Real Time

getlostinsound

Inspired
I had a new experience today when working on a session in Presonus Studio One v4. I’ve used S1 for several years, since v1. I had a few tracks sending to a reverb bus with an FAS-FX VST plugin on it. I got the mix sounding good, so I exported (mixed down) to a stereo WAV file (standard practice for me). When listening back to the WAV, I realized that the reverb on the vocals wasnt there after about the first 30 seconds of the song. I went back to Studio One to check, figuring I must have accidentally automated volume on the reverb track, but the reverb was there throughout the whole song, as it should be. Exported again - same issue. Finally I decided to export the mix, using the “mix down in real time” option, and it worked perfectly.

I’ve never encountered this with any plugins in Studio One. I tried a different reverb instead, and it exported correctly without having to use the real time export option. Have any of you had this happen with FAS-FX in your DAW (or with any other plugins)?

I'm still running into this. I'm using FAS-FX weekly, if not daily, and I always have to bounce the mix in real time. If I don't, the reverb will cut out about 30 seconds into the song. Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom