FAS FX Reverb is Best-in-Class. M1/AS Native?

stub

Inspired
FAS-FX Reverb plugin sounds absolutely stunning. It has everything I love and nothing I hate. It feels almost criminal that it isn't more widely known. I'd imagine it has (or should have) won some awards. The value is off the charts.

I recently got a new M1 MacBook Pro, which is my home studio rig; but I still use my 2012 MBP, as well. At a mere $50, I decided to go ahead and grab the plugin.

The System Requirements don't mention AS/M1 native/compatibility. I'm hoping Fractal developers will put out an M1/AS native update at some point.

Just installed. Only one activation allowed-- so can't run on both my laptops. Ok. Hmm. I'll see if it runs ok on my M1 MBP, if not, I'll move auth to other rig.

It doesn't say anything about AS native on the product page. One would think it would say so if it was. If it's running for you, that might be because it's running with Rosetta AS emulation. It's not easy for the average person to tell if a plugin is AS native or not, but you can use PlugInfo (available in the Apple App Store) to tell if a plugin is AS native or not.

...you can use PlugInfo (available in the Apple App Store) to tell if a plugin is AS native or not.
Thanks, yes, Pluginfo shows FAS-FX Reverb as being Intel 64, so definitely using Rosetta2 to run.

OMG, this reverb sounds SO good. It deserves the Best Algorithmic Reverb Ever award.

Interesting. I'm a reverb fanatic, and like to deep dive, but for whatever reason never thought about the FAS reverb. Hmmm, need to check it out

Thanks, yes, Pluginfo shows FAS-FX Reverb as being Intel 64, so definitely using Rosetta2 to run.
That's surprising in 2023, but keeping the reverb plugin well-maintained has historically not been a high priority at FAS.

Does this reverb include the newer ones on the Axe FX III?
I don't know what's on the Axe FX III.

In the plugin, there are seven reverb types: Chamber, Hall, Plate, Room, Spring, Studio, Tunnel. And I think about 62 presets.

Ordinarily, I might feel a little reluctant to purchase a plug where a future Apple Silicon update is uncertain. But this plugin is that good, and it is discounted appropriately for this. I do hope and wish that it will one day see an update to AS.

Back
Top Bottom