FAS-FX Reverb demo recording (Large Cathedral)

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic
(Please forgive the cross-post...) I posted this a few days ago in the Axe-Fx II recordings section, but I realized it may actually be a better demo for FAS-FX Reverb as it's used quite a bit here. It's a free-time guitar piece with no drums so you can hear the reverb clearly. It really set the distorted eBow line apart and gave it a nice (haunting) tone (IMO).

I recorded the guitars and bass without reverb (there is some delay printed however) and added FAS-FX Reverb on the aux bus of both guitar tones as well as the bass, in different amounts. I was going for a huge reverb sound on this one, so I heaped it on. I used the Large Cathedral preset as a starting point, with a reverb time of about 5s and a predelay of 65ms with the low cut turned up a bit.

This recording is a re-worked guitar version of the solo piano song by George Winston from his "December" album.

Ooh. Lovely touch. I like how you waltzed around the tempo. And just the right amount of verb and other effects to fill in the spaces but not stand out.

Ooh. Lovely touch. I like how you waltzed around the tempo. And just the right amount of verb and other effects to fill in the spaces but not stand out.

Thanks for listening guys. Yes, the tempo of the George Winston version that I like really ebbs and flows - it's a neat one to let breathe and just hang there at times.

Whew, awesome work Mr. French! REALLY enjoyed this from start to finish. Incredible guitar tone as well as reverb/effects. I love how the guitar sort of had a middle and then expanded into the stereo field like a subtle explosion. This piece should be one of the selling points of the verb as well as the Fractal tones capable. We hear lots of dirty, super heavy tones from the majority...which I'm into. But man, when you hear something like this...it gives us a totally new perspective. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Whew, awesome work Mr. French! REALLY enjoyed this from start to finish. Incredible guitar tone as well as reverb/effects. I love how the guitar sort of had a middle and then expanded into the stereo field like a subtle explosion. This piece should be one of the selling points of the verb as well as the Fractal tones capable. We hear lots of dirty, super heavy tones from the majority...which I'm into. But man, when you hear something like this...it gives us a totally new perspective. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Wow, you made my day Danny, with those words coming from an All-Star such as yourself. Thanks for checking it out and commenting.

Seriously. @CodePoet do you have a transcription of that, or did you just squeeze out from the gut?

Thanks. I've always been interested in figuring out a version on guitar. The George Winston piano version is made up of pretty full chords with moving and static elements so it was tough to re-create that and it never really came together for me in the past. This last December I tried playing with it again and with a slight transposition and slight tuning adjustment, things fell into place to where I was happy with it. So yeah, I transcribed it and re-arranged it and have my own transcription now. That's as gutsy as I could get with it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom