FAS Drivers being funky with Reaper

Max_H

Inspired
So recently I made the switch from Ableton and Logic over to Reaper (I got a windows PC) and for the most part it is working brilliantly. Everything is set up in a nice logical way and it is easier than easy to do all the things in Reaper that I'm used to from Logic. However, I have an inconsistent issue while using the Axe FX II as my interface where everything will be working just fine and then spontaneously in the upper right hand corner it'll say "Audio device disconnected" (or 'off' or something along those lines). In addition to that, Axe Edit will no longer connect to my Axe FX and when I go into my Device Manager App, it shows that the Axe FX driver is unable to work properly. So I uninstall the device and drivers, redownload and install them and then it works again... until it happens again. So far this problem has popped up 3 times in the span of a few days. Is there something I could be doing wrong when setting up the driver or something about the driver that Reaper doesn't like?

Yeah eventually I'll pick up a decent Focusrite 2i4 or 6i6 or something to finally have a dedicated Audio Interface but for now the Axe is what I got.

In any case my specs are as follows:

AMD FX-6300 6 Core CPU
4GB RAM DDR3 @802Mhz (I know, it'll be upgraded to 16gb soon)
ASUStek M59A7 R2.0 Motherboard
2048MB ATI AMD Radion R7 240 Series Graphics Card (will also be upgraded soon)

Running Windows 10, latest FAS Driver, latest version of Reaper.

Back
Top Bottom