FAS Class A - Parameter Adjustment

Have you tried the Texas Mile with your Ford GT? 23#s is pretty good (no methanol I assume). I run 1.3 bar which I think is little under that, but with far less cubic inches ... for which there is just no substitute. Color me jealous! :D
No, I have not...it's like 3000+ miles plus from me - LOL It's about 5 psi less...this in a 996 Turbo? That must hammer!

With that model, I almost always end up hitting the Cut switch- for some reason, I've found it a little boomy, and I prefer a tighter bass response- this might also help it feel a little faster. The other parameter that I'll go to if I'm trying to fuss with an amp is the transformer match- you can clear or dirty up an amp, and a small adjustment can make a big difference. Going into positive values will help clean up and stiffen an amp. You may or may not like that change, but I've found it useful in the past. The other approach to dialing in an amp is one that was posted on this forum at one point, but I can't remember for the life of me who posted it. The basic idea was to adjust your TMB by playing octaves on an E major chord- hit the bottom E, the 3rd string 2nd fret E, and the 6th string E- and adjust TMB so that you can hear all three clearly, and none of them are overwhelming. It's just one way- and it's not perfect, but it's a starting point at least if you have no other method.
Thank you...this is good stuff!

<OT>

Have you tried the Texas Mile with your Ford GT? 23#s is pretty good (no methanol I assume). I run 1.3 bar which I think is little under that, but with far less cubic inches ... for which there is just no substitute. Color me jealous! :D

</OT>

There are a myriad of "advanced" params - of which none are "magic". If they were, it's all you'd read about. Many are nuanced, many are not. Some dramatic changes can be made in some areas taken to extremes which can be seen in some of @Danny Danzi videos.

The best method is to try them yourself by "sweeping" any given param from low to high/ full range and see what it does for you.

Beyond BMTBPD and MV and Input Drive, there are a few I do "go to" like Xformer Match and perhaps a controller (scene or CC/Pedal) on Input Trim. Some people, use things like Preamp hardness, crunch, harmonics, Low Res Freq., the GEQ, the preamp options, the power section (neg feedback, B+ time, variac, etc., the speaker tab options and the dynamics page options (dynamic pres, dynamic depth, character, compression, xformer match, xf drive etc.) Since you mentioned it earlier, Cliff wrote a section (tech notes) on power tubes and tone which might be of interest for you, but not sure what you are trying to achieve. We're just throwing darts at an unknown objective.

If "clean - Clean" is it - you can achieve that with gain reduction and a low gain amp, (Input trim at 0.5 and low Input drive) or keep your volume knob down on your guitar, etc. Some models are much more suited to this as you've already discovered. Lastly, most users have commented that with Q7.02 not much fiddling is really required as all the amps have been remeasured and new values adjusted by FAS to be as close to the amps they model.

Many things affect tone, compression, eq, gain, and responsiveness. Which are you going for? What is "missing" for you? An example would really help us help you. This has been asked many times and yet not answered - a sound clip or video link of a tune with a time stamp is often used to highlight a tone objective.

Thank you also! ...but before you guys ride me too hard...I am working on the preset and an audio clip which will fill in the blanks, so to speak...and I will present an example of what I am doing and how it fits in with what I am doing. I'm processing this info...

Again thanks all for your suggestions!

No, I have not...it's like 3000+ miles plus from me - LOL It's about 5 psi less...this in a 996 Turbo? That must hammer!

Yup - it has K24 turbos (from the GT2 - the X50 package, and better intercoolers which later became the "S" version for Pcar 997 TwinTurbo's ) which while larger than the stock turbos take longer to spool - accelerates like a beast at speed. Meaning anybody at 45 miles an hour or above who wants to play just gets left behind ...:D. even motorcycles once above 80 have a difficult time due to their drag coefficient.

Of course from a dead stop neither the engine, Half shafts nor the suspension is set up for a drag. However once spooled it's generally no contest. Took a Ferrari 548 about a year ago. :) ... there is always one sucker or another; most common are silly BMW drivers. :p

The most recent and funniest thing was a huge Full-sized and probably 15-year-old pick up truck that was clearly diesel but he had something special, very special under the hood. Honestly he couldn't beat me but he was FAST. When he caught back up and we were both grinning pretty wide. :D :cool:

Back
Top Bottom