FAS celestion style Creamback versus the real one

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I updated FW last night and tried the new Cel cabs. The creamback actually stood out to me as pretty cool. The free v30 0n the Celstion site was this and sharp to me but it was also a 1x12 cab they used...not sure if the 4x12 cabs in their V30 would be bigger and better for hard rock tones?

Any one able to compare the FAS take on the cel speakers and the real ones? Gonna try some of the Celstions packs soon!

Also what style and amp tones is the creamback designed for?

@ML SOUND LAB 's Bulb Zilla pack is part of the reason why I went with a Creamback H and V30 combination for my own guitar cab. The new factory Celestion IRs aren't my taste, but I do recognize the character of the Creamback.

I don't think Creambacks were developed with any style in mind since they work great for the variety of stuff that I play (metal, rock, blues, country, ambient, awful attempts at jazz). There are several clips on YouTube that I think give an accurate representation of the speakers. I think they compliment other Celestion speakers really well. The Creamback H + M combo also seems to be pretty good.

I've shot about a dozen different types of Creambacks. They can sound as different to one another as a V30 and a Greenback. Generally I would say they're somewhere inbetween. How you place your mic and shoot the IR is a big difference in here as well. Everyone loves the Zilla pack so I'm happy. :) That being said the ML Brit CB is probably the truest and most original Creamback you can find. Loads of mids!

I have been told from a few friends that their fav (real life) speaker to use with an AC 20 is the creamback. I am hoping someone shots an IR with it in that kind of cab vs a 4x12 or something so I can try it

I updated FW last night and tried the new Cel cabs. The creamback actually stood out to me as pretty cool. The free v30 0n the Celstion site was this and sharp to me but it was also a 1x12 cab they used...not sure if the 4x12 cabs in their V30 would be bigger and better for hard rock tones?

Any one able to compare the FAS take on the cel speakers and the real ones? Gonna try some of the Celstions packs soon!

Also what style and amp tones is the creamback designed for?

F188 works for me for clean and dirty tones. I switched all my gigging presets to this IR.

Caveat, I'm using the same IR in all my presets now to make FOH more consistent when I switch presets.

Which creamback? :) The Zilla Creambacks should be close although it's not open back like a Vox.
I think it is called Celestion G12H 12" Creamback speaker. I have thought of getting your zilla cab pack just to try the cream back. I don't play heavy music but I know your IR can do more than heavy.

I think it is called Celestion G12H 12" Creamback speaker. I have thought of getting your zilla cab pack just to try the cream back. I don't play heavy music but I know your IR can do more than heavy.
Yeah the same mic placement principles work best for all genres IMHO. :)

Back
Top Bottom