• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FAS Amps, Is it Just Me?

SteveW

Inspired
On my AX8, that was the first one I used and tweaked...and it sounds great right outta the box! Haven't tried it on my FX XL II plus, yet.

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
I think the FAS HotRod it's amazing. It has the perfect JCM800 vibe, it is just so much easier to dial in. In fact, first time I tried it, I played more than an hour without changing a single setting

outloaf

I agree with the FAS being the most open sounding amps... I've been doing tests with various amps and their digital Fractal counterparts running as the preamp.. I've noticed every fractal version is lacking in the 50-100hz area, too much around the 180-250 area and some weird harsh stuff happening around 2200hz with various guitars and it's extremely hard to eq in or out. Anyone else notice this? I've run the ax8 through SS power amps, through the actual amp power amps with the same results. But the FAS amps do sound the best.

lucbl3

I agree with the FAS being the most open sounding amps... I've been doing tests with various amps and their digital Fractal counterparts running as the preamp.. I've noticed every fractal version is lacking in the 50-100hz area, too much around the 180-250 area and some weird harsh stuff happening around 2200hz with various guitars and it's extremely hard to eq in or out. Anyone else notice this? I've run the ax8 through SS power amps, through the actual amp power amps with the same results. But the FAS amps do sound the best.
Have you seen the latest Larry Mitchel video?

StickMan

Experienced
Well, we did have that blind showdown here a few months back. The FAS model, as it turned out to be, got the most votes.

electronpirate

They sound great.

I find the FAS amps to be the most gig ready. I don't have to cut the crap out of low end, and feel like it's the most 'even' of that particular style of amp.

There's a price there tho IMO...it doesn't 'cut' as well as some of the more raw original versions. IMO, YMMV, etc.

USMC_Trev

Fractal Fanatic
All of this make sense, since they are idealized amps with none of the "problems" that are part of real amps and therefore the mathematical models that reproduce them.

Top Bottom