FAS Amp Models Tutorial

Keep up the awesome work Leon! I watched the vid last night but have been so busy with home projects I haven't had a chance to pick up a guitar in like 4 days.

Love your videos, @2112 ! I'm curious, what's the signal path of the audio we hear? Is it a camera mic picking up your speakers? If yes, what are the speakers you are using? (Reason I'm asking mostly is I tried one of your recent patches and it was super bright for me).

Love your videos, @2112 ! I'm curious, what's the signal path of the audio we hear? Is it a camera mic picking up your speakers? If yes, what are the speakers you are using? (Reason I'm asking mostly is I tried one of your recent patches and it was super bright for me).
Yeah I ran it through an FRFR poweramp and traditional cabinet and got a similar result. My guess is that these were made for direct recording use, which you generally want to boost treble and cut bass in a high gain recording setting to help the guitar sit in its proper frequency range.

Cheers guys! This is all recorded direct. I monitor everything on Adam A7X's so you'll need to tweak them to suit your rig. Can high cut and the treble control is your friend of you're trying to port them for live use.

Judging from the Brown, Hot Rod and Wreck tones in this video, it seems to me there’s something off with the Cab channel that’s supposed to load the Greenback IR. Much too dark, missing every sparkle. Didn’t check the video for settings, didn’t load the presets either. Léon, can you check?

Leon, quick question to you, since you also have the AX8. Are the AX8's FAS amps in the same ballpark as those in the III? (Minus the better quality of the III of course) What I'm wondering: Did Cliff change them for the III or are they still based on the same ideas as on the II / AX8? Because imho e.g. the FAS version of the 5150 has nothing to do anymore with what the 5150 Block Letter model sounds like, which according to the wiki it is based on. I reported this as a bug many months ago, got rejected.

Judging from the Brown, Hot Rod and Wreck tones in this video, it seems to me there’s something off with the Cab channel that’s supposed to load the Greenback IR. Much too dark, missing every sparkle. Didn’t check the video for settings, didn’t load the presets either. Léon, can you check?

I'll get onto this tonight.

Leon, quick question to you, since you also have the AX8. Are the AX8's FAS amps in the same ballpark as those in the III? (Minus the better quality of the III of course) What I'm wondering: Did Cliff change them for the III or are they still based on the same ideas as on the II / AX8? Because imho e.g. the FAS version of the 5150 has nothing to do anymore with what the 5150 Block Letter model sounds like, which according to the wiki it is based on. I reported this as a bug many months ago, got rejected.

Check this out

Thanks, but I know that video. I meant the FAS amp models specifically. Those aren't included in this comparison video. I'd be mostly interested in the FAS 6160 in the AX8 vs in the III, since at least on my II the difference between the FAS 6160 and the PVH 6160 BLOCK, which it is based on, is too big imho.

Back
Top Bottom