New FAS Amp Models Gallery & More Ares 02.00 - Axe FX II

Thanks! Just sent to a friend. He's wanted/needed an Axe-Fx for a long time but price always held him back. This should push him over the edge for at least a Mark II.

One thing that would make this rock even harder would be to add pdf comments with the names of the players using the amps since I don't recognize some of 'em - sad though, I guess, that it turns out Adobe reader doesn't allow one to hover over a comment to read the name of the player. But presumably a second version of the above pdf could be saved that would allow viewing the list of players with a number reference for each. If one has Adobe Pro.

And I would love to do this; but not only don't I have Adobe pro, but also I no longer recognize a single player, except Yngwie and Jimmy Paige who were in my elementary school and high school classes in the 70's and late 80's - unless my memory has been affected by those era's drugs.

EDIT: Now I actually think I may recognize Jason Becker, although the fingers are concealed in this photo so I couldn't check the accuracy of the blurriness.

Last edited:
One thing that would make this rock even harder would be to add pdf comments with the names of the players using the amps since I don't recognize some of 'em - sad though, I guess, that it turns out Adobe reader doesn't allow one to hover over a comment to read the name of the player. But presumably a second version of the above pdf could be saved that would allow viewing the list of players with a number reference for each. If one has Adobe Pro.

And I would love to do this; but not only don't I have Adobe pro, but also I no longer recognize a single player, except Yngwie and Jimmy Paige who were in my elementary school and high school classes in the 70's and late 80's - unless my memory has been affected by those era's drugs.

EDIT: Now I actually think I may recognize Jason Becker, although the fingers are concealed in this photo so I couldn't check the accuracy of the blurriness.
Following your suggestion, I gave it a go in Pro. Hover (or click, if you like) on a player's portrait, and a text box appears next to it with his/her name (a proper box, not just a "tooltip" or comment).

It will take some time, though. Beginning on page 5, there are a ton of invisible, overlapping, vacant image placeholders, which makes hover focusing problematic. I'll have to clean up the vacant placeholders on each page before assigning hover fields to the actual portraits. The actual process is easy, just tedious & repetetive.

The next big hurdle for me is I don't recognize a lot of the guitarists, haha. Some of the images don't use their name as the file name, and other images have somebody else's name, so I'm stuck.

Edit:
It seems hover focusing is only a problem in edit view, so I may not need to do any vacant placeholder housecleaning. Good news.

Last edited:
:smileycat:
Following your suggestion, I gave it a go in Pro. Hover (or click, if you like) on a player's portrait, and a text box appears next to it with his/her name (a proper box, not just a "tooltip" or comment).

It will take some time, though. Beginning on page 5, there are a ton of invisible, overlapping, vacant image placeholders, which makes hover focusing problematic. I'll have to clean up the vacant placeholders on each page before assigning hover fields to the actual portraits. The actual process is easy, just tedious & repetetive.

The next big hurdle for me is I don't recognize a lot of the guitarists, haha. Some of the images don't use their name as the file name, and other images have somebody else's name, so I'm stuck.

Edit:
It seems hover focusing is only a problem in edit view, so I may not need to do any vacant placeholder housecleaning. Good news.

Wow, thank you so much. Just fantastic! So informative for players like me who don't have a lot of facial recognition when it comes to less familiar players...:smileycat:

I feel you on not recognizing some players, but maybe guys on the forum can help. BTW, in case I wasn't too clear; when you're ready, you can generate a second version that has two pages side by side, with the page on the right being the list of "comments". That way even if there are overlapping icons, you can have the program draw connector lines from each icon on the left page to the comments on the right (comment) page. At least that's what I learned, minus a version of Adobe Pro to try it.

Last edited:
I feel you on not recognizing some players, but maybe guys on the forum can help.

It turns out the file names do jive with the guitarist names, so they're covered. What happened was the true names were being obscured by the layers of invisible placeholders.

BTW drawing lines is too advanced for me, haha. There is enough room for popup boxes.

Edit:
I'm back on Adobe Reader 10, so not seeing the data, either because of the older version, or because its Reader and not Pro. I'd like to know if those with more recent versions of Adobe Reader (i.e. non Pro) are seeing the data.

Can this be verified?

MDProd: great work and appreciate all of the effort and time spent collecting this info.
and looking forward to the player`s names in the future.

Back
Top Bottom