FAS 6160 Metal Cilp

How is Q5 going for you? I know your HBE patch sounded better in Q3 on my rig. I think tweaking the Harmonics and Preamp Bias settings helps.

Love the ambience on your drum sound.

How is Q5 going for you? I know your HBE patch sounded better in Q3 on my rig. I think tweaking the Harmonics and Preamp Bias settings helps.

Love the ambience on your drum sound.

Hey DannyEvil !

Q5.03 is installed but I haven't tried it yet - crazy work schedule :(
I hope I will have more time this weekend - and thanks for the tips ;)

BTW - what's Your exact rig - I see KM-7 on Your Avatar ;)

Cheers,
Omrat

I am jamming on a black KM-7. I think my pups might be too high as I am getting some string noise.
Q4 on the 1st half. Q5 on the second.
Love the patch, thanks!

I am jamming on a black KM-7. I think my pups might be too high as I am getting some string noise.
Q4 on the 1st half. Q5 on the second.
Love the patch, thanks!

Hey - sounds really good to me and very nice riffs !!!
I think Q4 sounds better than Q5. Q4 is more open and little bit juicier to My ears.
You should post more clpis ;)

I'd be happy to test out your 6160 preset too lol.

Will upload it tonight.

Ripping tone, rocking song too.
Great work.

Thanks shaunb !

Thanks Omrat. The patch sounds great. I grabbed the old one from your Youtube channel too. I will post something this weekend.

I found how to fix the change from Q4 to Q5 by lowering the new Preamp CF Hardness parameter on the Amp Block > Dynamics.
Reading the release notes = winning.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Whoaaa, this sounds really beefy and clear!! Keep it up! You pretty much can't go wrong with anything that's 5150, 6160, 5153 related. Kudos!

Thanks Omrat. The patch sounds great. I grabbed the old one from your Youtube channel too. I will post something this weekend.

I found how to fix the change from Q4 to Q5 by lowering the new Preamp CF Hardness parameter on the Amp Block > Dynamics.
Reading the release notes = winning.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Thanks for the tip Danny !
Tested the Q5 last weekend and I didin't like my presets for some reason...... :(
I think I will just create some new ones from scratch soon (Y)

Whoaaa, this sounds really beefy and clear!! Keep it up! You pretty much can't go wrong with anything that's 5150, 6160, 5153 related. Kudos!

Thanks !!!

Great song, great sound.

Thanks !!!

Sorry, My fault for cross posting. The HBE patch and cab info can be found here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/short-clip-with-hbe-and-cab-pack-13.120392/

Here are the IR names:
ML USA Bulb SM57 A1 (level -6,4dB panned to center)
ML USA Bulb R121 C3 (level 0,0dB panned to center)

I used Stereo Ultrares Cab Block - Low Cut 80Hz; High Cut 8684Hz.

Here's Axe FX II XL Preset:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35739353/Fractal Audio Links/HBE Q4.syx

Hope that helps ;)
Omrat

Back
Top Bottom