FAS 2018!!!

Yeah the tone can only go so far, although many of us base our opinion on the axe fx as it compares to tube amps. Once you reach tube tone, that journey is complete. Can Fractal go beyond tube and create something greater? Have they already done this? I dont think we will have much need for a new unit unless it just upgrades things like storage space dramatically, lowers CPU usage like to where we could use EVERY block and not overload the Axe. Maybe an axe with a built in, super clean power amp? There are a lot of things they COULD do, but as far as a preamp goes, we are reaching a major plateau, I think.

Last edited:
Yeah the tone can only go so far, although many of us base our opinion on the axe fx as it compares to tune amps. Once you reach tube tone, that journey is complete. Can Fractal go beyond tube and create something greater? Have they already done this? I dont think we will have much need for a new unit unless it just upgrades things like storage space dramatically, lowers CPU like to where we could use EVERY block and not overload the Axe. Maybe an axe with a built in, super clean power amp? There are a lot of things tjey COULD do, but as far as a preamp goes, we are reaching a majot plateau, I think.
To me the upgrades could be how we edit & work with the Fractal, not so much in terms of tone.

For instance scene controllers could be rendered unnecessary if we could simply save every parameter in a even like a "snapshot"

Let the wild speculation begin! A new high tech controller would be a welcome product. Scribble strips and beyond.

Ugh. Thanks for wrecking my hopes for a stable rig in '18... I don't want to spend money on new gear but am now worried I will feel compelled at some point in the coming months.

Back
Top Bottom