Farty guitar tone? Ok don't laugh please

Billbill

Power User
Just wondering and I'm being serious here. I'm trying to dial up a tight, fuzzish, farty kind of tone for heavy metal. I guess better way of describing it would be like a tight bit-crushed tone. I can't get anything close to a tight farty tone for a project I'm working on. I tried working different drive blocks but can't get that fart tone! Even tried the ringmod and got closer but it craps out on lower notes. Any ideas are appreciated.

Usually people are trying to get rid of farty bottom end (no pun intended) by removing low freqs before the amp. Maybe try boosting lows before the amp if you haven't already.

You can laugh .... but this guy might just have invented the shart pedal.

Are we talking 'Roobarb' tone here?

To me, a farty tone is one that is severely lacking in low end tightness (pun intended).

The Master Fuzz (Maestro Fuzz) model in the drive block is pretty nasty, fuzzy, and farty without being too bloated sounding. Maybe try running that into a clean amp or null filter block in parallel to a tighter high gain amp model. Tweak the levels of the two rows to control how much nasty fuzz fart you add to the tight amp sound.

The Bender Fuzz drive might get it for you if you mess about with it's level and EQ controls

Could you share a reference?
I think people can interpret "Farty" in very different ways...

I said the same thing about spongy in a different threat. It's so hard to make sense of such subjective terms. In the end a sound or video clip says more then a thousand words.

Back
Top Bottom