Not a Bug Fan Only runs at startup . FW4.00 Beta5

Rich Rippon

Fan runs during startup and then stops once the boot up is complete. After 1 hour and forty minutes the temperature is 60-61 C. The fan is not running but you can hear the chirping sound everyone had on beta 3. The fan ran perfect on Beta 1 and 2. The fan would not run on Beta 3 and I never tried Beta 4.

FW 4 Beta 5:
My fan kicked in at around 60C (had the unit covered with a blanket for about one hour to trigger the fan, for testing) After the fan kicked in I removed the blanket and about 30 mins later the temperature dropped to 55C at which point the fan stopped. Then after about another 30 mins the temperature stabilized around 50C. So It worked as designed, as far as I know.

Maybe your fan is defective?

Fan runs during startup and then stops once the boot up is complete. After 1 hour and forty minutes the temperature is 60-61 C. The fan is not running but you can hear the chirping sound everyone had on beta 3. The fan ran perfect on Beta 1 and 2. The fan would not run on Beta 3 and I never tried Beta 4.
Please contact support, tell them I sent you, and that I requested to be involved in the process:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/getting-help/

Back
Top Bottom