Fan is changing speed and noisy

I have just received my FX II after 10 months on the waiting list - it has been a very frustrating wait but I hope worth it. So first impressions? The sounds, just the presets so far, are fabulous but I do have this problem with the fan inside the case. It really sounds faulty. It changes speed and pitch all the time and sounds like when the bearings go on a computer CPU fan. I think this fan is faulty but does anyone else have this problem? I saw one other post about a noisy fan but that sounded different to this.

Regards

It actually is a CPU fan - so if it sounds like a faulty fan to you, it probably is.

It's really easy to replace it yourself so just contact wherever you got it from (G66 or FAS or whatever distributor your particular country uses) and describe the symptoms - they'll probably send you a new fan unit to install first to see if that cures it and save you the hassle of returning the unit for inspection.

Dunno .... but as most fans come from China it probably doesn't matter .... there's always a good chance of a crappy one :)

Mine sounds the same way... much louder than the fan in my old Ultra, but it could be because I got used to the SilenX fan I put in it...

Same here.

Wait for 10 months :-(
The fan sounds like a old, crappy 1$ china part.
My Pc with a 6core CPU, 6 Satas and _6_ fans inside, it's much quiter.

When _I_ change the Fan, what's with my warranty?

Last edited:
My Axe-Fx II fan was making weird noises as well as changing speeds then it died completely. FAS replaced it and all is well at this point.

sounds almost like it is coupling with the case, and vibrating the case... maybe rubber stand-offs for the fan might help ?

sounds almost like it is coupling with the case, and vibrating the case... maybe rubber stand-offs for the fan might help ?
looks like from fan replacement videos, fas had already put some sort of o-ring for that purpose? i wonder if in shipping things got jostled? i wouldn't expect fas to send the unit out the door if it was audibly rattling, especially with the supposed burn-in time it's given.

we'll see...

When I replaced the fan in my Ultra, there were not rubber o-rings on the original, but I did put them on the SilenX fan... will have to open her up and see if something may have come loose in shipping ( I have a strong dislike for UPS...), and may try the leftover o-rings i have...

Just got my new Axe 2 - noisy fan and all. It rattles, and makes a loud, annoying - whining sound. I emailed FAS last week - no reply.

I half remember a thread about this a while ago where their was a screw/part loose that was causing the noise problem.

Thanks for all the comments. I now understand that G66 will have a new 'silent' fan available soon. Yes Electropilot, I really did wait 10 months for my order. It was for an Ultra initially but changed to an FXII when the countdown came. It was still 10 months waiting though. I'm in the UK.

Thanks for all the comments. I now understand that G66 will have a new 'silent' fan available soon. Yes Electropilot, I really did wait 10 months for my order. It was for an Ultra initially but changed to an FXII when the countdown came. It was still 10 months waiting though. I'm in the UK.

Great new fan! Guess the extra waiting will pay off in the end. (Is there light at the end of the tunnel? There is, apparently )

Mine sounds the same way ... ... than my old super-loud fan much, but it may be because I am used to it SilenX fan ...

Back
Top Bottom