Famous Musicians You’ve Met?

We are both LI guys. Lol. Funny you mention Eddie Money. I was just on an EM binge a couple weeks ago. Him and Huey Lewis. Some GREAT songs from both that I just “reconnected” with. If I’m not mistaken, Eddie was a cop for a stint before the music no? Very cool you got to hang with him.
Yes he was. He was only in Levittown area when we were really young-like 12 or 13. When I came back from Nam, there he was, he had a bunch of friends that played music so he would visit them in Levittown. I don't really remember where he was living at that time but the jams (all acoustic) were fun

Last edited:
I saw Yngwie Malmsteen at a grocery store in Los Angeles years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

(Apologies for the "copypasta" seen on Reddit multiple times about various different artists. It never fails to amuse me.)

My band opened up for LA Guns and Slaughter in Silver City, NM. Didn't really get to talk to the guys much there, but Tracy Guns said he liked our music and my Warlock. We were going to open up for them again in Las Cruces, NM the next night, so he said to come in early. We sat on the back "patio" for an hour or two and just shot the shit while he played my guitar. Without me needing to instigate it, he signed the back of my headstock. I get inspired every time I pick up that axe. For a bit, it looked like my drummers Girl Friend was going to leave on Slaughters tour bus, but that's another story.

Awesome. Corey Glover…..I saw him at the Bitter End in NYC a few years ago. Had no idea he was playing. The place wasn’t packed and he and his band blew the roof off. He made time to chat with people after the show and take pics. I thanked him for a killer show and for all the music. I wanted to fan boy out like Chris Farley on SNL with Sir Paul but I didn’t. “Remember when you played NYE on MTV when Cult of personality came out? That was awesome”. Lol. Bonamassa seems like he would geek out for hours talking about guitars and gear.

If anything Corey's voice has gotten better with age, that show we opened for him he flat killed it.

If you haven't yet, check out his new band 'Disciples of Verity', a few of my local music friends play on it. Bit more metal than most of his other stuff.

If anything Corey's voice has gotten better with age, that show we opened for him he flat killed it.

If you haven't yet, check out his new band 'Disciples of Verity', a few of my local music friends play on it. Bit more metal than most of his other stuff.
Agree. His voice was fantastic. When they did cult he was spot on. I’ll def check his new band out thanks brother! 🤘🏻

Lol. Bonamassa seems like he would geek out for hours talking about guitars and gear.

Meh, unless you have a vintage guitar or amp for sale not sure Joe has time for ya. :)

Saw him with BCC in Salt Lake City on their one and only US Tour and he seemed
really isolated and to himself. You know that feeling when you can tell someone is
in their head and doesn't really want to be where they are. I recall him having his
own bus, too. Apart from the other 3.

Glenn Hughes was amazing. I am not into auras, but that dude emanates a vibe for
sure. This was in the age before paid meet-and-greets were so prevalent, like they are
now. What was that 10 years ago??? Anywho, they did an hour in the early afternoon
before their show that night. Jason Bonham felt the most personable. Both of us
noticed that. Felt like he had exorcised some of those demons about being John Bonham's
son, and was just enjoying himself. It was cool to see, and feel.

Sherinian was off too the side, hoping his name would be called for a solo. It never happened. ;)

He did an album with George Lynch, right?

I saw Yngwie Malmsteen at a grocery store in Los Angeles years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

(Apologies for the "copypasta" seen on Reddit multiple times about various different artists. It never fails to amuse me.)

Haha! Nice to know his stage persona is not a persona. ;)

For a bit, it looked like my drummers Girl Friend was going to leave on Slaughters tour bus, but that's another story.

Haha!! :) I caught a girlfriend making out with another girl on the Tantric tour after their show. My old roommate
and friend that shared the same hometown when we grew up, and moved to Lexington,KY as an adult got hooked
up with them to be a touring member in 2004. Their 3rd show was only 100 miles away so I asked a young lady I had
just met the weekend before if she wanted to go with me to the show. She did. After the concert she had the band
sign the ass pockets of her jeans, and my bud Kevin looks at me like, "Is it ok?" I look back, shrug, and said, "I met her
3 days ago. I don't care."

Later, Kevin and I are drinking some beers as the crew loads their equipment. Talking outside the bus. He invites me in
and the girl I showed up with his macking with this other hottie in front of one of the flatscreen TVs. I thought, "Damn,
this is a fun night." :)

That was the first time seeing Shinedown, too. Before the show, Kevin said, "You have to check out the singer in Shinedown,
they are going to be huge. He's amazing." Nailed it! That was in support of Shinedown's 1st album. I recall the bill being
Silvertide, Shinedown, Tantric.

Oh, the gal didn't leave with the band. We bailed when they had to leave and head off to another town. We did stay together
for 5 years and have a kid together, though. I liked her adventurous spirit!!! :)

Last edited:
He did an album with George Lynch, right?

He did, yes, but that was prior to the one I was mentioning - Disciples of Verity is the one he's currently promoting/doing shows with.

Side note, I got to meet George over the summer, he was as ordinary a dude as they come. Take a seat next to him at the bar and you'd never get the idea he was anyone more than just a guy who plays guitar.

Back in the early 80's when Billy Sheehan had his band Talas they played at a local club. I arrived early and could hear soundcheck from the parking lot. I knew the club owner as my band played there quite a bit so I was able to get in early. From the parking lot, I thought the guitarist was warming up. When I got in the club I was shocked to see it was actually Billy warming up. Totally blew my mind. I got to know their sound man during the show and he asked me if I would like to meet Billy after the show. He introduced me to Billy after the show and he is absolutely one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I bought him a beer and we shot the shit for a bit then he said, you are a guitarist so you would probably be interested in my rig, right? Absolutely! He took me on stage and showed me his bass and his rack. His bass was a technological marvel, 2 pickups wired in stereo and his rack would have made any guitarist jealous. He told me there are a couple of things in there that I don't even use, I just like the way the lights blink. Totally cool guy. Afterwards, he asked me if I'd like an autograph. I said sure. He had some publicity stills from an ad campaign that he was doing at the time for Dimarzio with Yngwie Malmsteen. Before he signed it, he put a big X over Yngwie and said "Total asshole" and then signed it for me. Best memory of my music lifetime.

A friend of mine produced a song for Corey a few months ago. Great song for these times:

His voice is great. Awesome song as well. Thanks for sharing. There’s a song I saw him do and I’m not sure of the title. I can only guess from the chorus…”I’m gonna blow like a bomb” or something along those lines. Can’t find it anywhere but when I saw him do this he and the band were sick.

While not really famous but well known in their own genre I met Trey Azagtoth from Morbid Angel and Jack Owen from Cannibal Corpse way back mid 90s
Both were heroes of mine when I was a youngster and they were super cool and down to earth and easy to talk to, nothing like the bands persona or image would make you think
I remember buying Jack Owen a pint and talking about Marshall’s,
Great night indeed I was super excited

Another Mom story.

Flying home from Berklee for Christmas and had a layover in Denver.

Decided to get some practice in. Had my Sholtz Rockman and my headphones on. Was wearing a Tommy Bolin y-shirt.

Woman can up and tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I liked Tommy Bolin.
I said yes, very much. Told her I was a music student now but my previous band used to play Post Toastee and that Tommy died on my birthday.

She said “thank you for remembering my son”, and walked away.

Many years ago I played a small club in Enid, Oklahoma. Someone came up to me on the break and said "I really like your guitar playing, is it ok if I sit and talk with you?'. I said sure. I asked him his name and he said Michael Hedges. I asked if he played guitar and he said "yeah, I play a little bit, I am trying to get my own thing together". I was living in Dallas and a couple of years go by and I see Leo Kottke is playing in Dallas on the same bill as Michael Hedges whose first album had just come out. I hadn't heard it yet, but I loved Leo Kotkee so I went to the concert. Well Michael blew everyone away. I went backstage after the concert and he remembered me. I said to him "So you play a little do you? That has to be the understatement of the century". Micheal was born on the same day and year as I was. Michael was a true original.

A friend of mine produced a song for Corey a few months ago. Great song for these times:

@GelnnO
Thank You for sharing this a lot of people need this with all the craziness in the world this year.

What an Awesome song it gave me goose bumps!

Thank you to all of our first responder, Doctors, Nurses, and all of the support personnel that are affected by this craziness.

Hears to a Happy Healthy New Year 2022
🚓🚑🚒🚨🌟✌️🤘🤙😃

Back
Top Bottom