Famous Axe FX users ...

RockerAlex

Inspired
Is there any information out there as to which IRs the famous Axe FX users are using while in the studio? For example, if we're listening to a Periphery album, could we be hearing factory IRs? Of course with a heavy amount of mixing and mastering going on ...

You will have to ask the artist.
This is for the Periphery II ablum but it might help you find what you are looking for. Let Me Axe You Something: an Interview with Periphery's Jake Bowen | GearGods
About half way through the interview they talk about how they used the Axe-fx II with a 5150 III and a Mesa 4x12.
"So we ran the Axe-FX II into the power section (of a 5150 III) and ran that out to a Mesa 4×12 and mic’ed that up and that was our guitar tone for Periphery II".
Also, just so you know, its a lot easier to talk to these guys than it might seem. Find them on facebook and twitter, then ask them a question. Its how I got a few of my tech gigs.
Turns out I could answer more about some players rigs then they could. Pays like shit, but its fun :p

When Purry Fairy do use IRs (and as correctly stated above, they miked a cab on that record), Misha has said they are made by Nolly. This is not surprising, as Nolly is, to all sonic intents and purposes, from Vulcan.

Kurt Rosenwinkel has stated that he used his AxeFX on his latest recording project, which hasn't been released yet.

Back
Top Bottom