FAMC support is still terrible

coldstar

They haven't responded to my support ticket in over two weeks. Or the second ticket I created to complain that nobody was responding to the first one. Or even my post in their forums that warned them that I was going to post here if they continued to ignore my support tickets.

So, I'm sorry to be here carrying through on my threat. They make a great product. But it's also really complicated, their documentation is pretty poor, and if they won't answer support tickets it's a real problem for a lot of people. I'm especially miffed in light of the big deal they made a few months ago that their communication problems were a thing of the past - they just can't seem to get it right.

I'm not posting this just to complain - I think that those considering paying a lot of money for a MIDI controller deserve to know about this. If you order one, be aware that support tickets are, apparently, still not a priority over at FAMC...

No, coldstar is referring to the LiquidFoot brand of midi controllers, that's why his post is in the Other Midi Controllers.

And coldstar, I've been there done that bud. I went through communications hell with one of their products recently and was without my controller for over a month. Their issues are the main reason that I'm not even considering their new upcoming X-16 controller. It's just not worth the headache.

I agree 100%. They make a great product but the support is very slow. I'm thankful that they finally resolved 2 of my hardware issues and covered shipping both ways but the process took a few months. I had my Pro+ back 6 days after I shipped it, so once I got them to commit to a day they could repair it, I wasn't without it long.

I definitely like my LF+ Pro+ more than the RJM Mastermind GT22 and it's 2/3 the price. I like the layout with more footswitches per row and not as many rows. If you don't mind waiting at least 2 months to get a question answered, bug fixed or hardware repaired, then you won't be disappointed. If you want similar functionality as the MFC-101 with LCD screens per footswitch and be able to assign any footswitch any function like Presets, IAs, Tuner, Tap Tempo... and follow my Tutortial on the FAS Wiki ( http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+ ), then you will be very happy with it. If you want to be able to control the Axe-Fx II and other MIDI gear and maybe program advanced functions, then it may take a few months to figure it out.

If mine ever got lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, then I'd go buy another one asap but I'm sure my girlfriend would stop me and give me the difference to buy a RJM Mastermind GT22, so she wouldn't have to hear me complain ever again about my Pro+.

These stories was definitely a contributor when deciding on getting the MMGT/16 instead. Couldn't be happier with that decision. Good luck though!

I couldn't get them to contact me to take my money a few years back... that was enough to scare me off. No opinion on the product itself, I never got to try it.

Still happy with my MFC-101. Glad I went that route for a controller.

Jeff personally talked me through issues on the phone, and is really passionate about his product. I have no idea how big his operation is, but it seems as if he's trying to keep it small, yet the demand is huge. I personally think he makes the best controllers out there. I've had Axess fx1 with expander, gc pro, and as far as LF products, the LF jr, LF Pro, and now the LF 12+ and all have been flawless. There is literally nothing you cant do with them to customize to your preferences. He's in the midst of a new product line rollout and i'm sure that's eating up their time.

There are a few guys who know what they are doing on this board just do a search and ask some questions. The LF board is slow as molasses.

Jeff personally talked me through issues on the phone, and is really passionate about his product. I have no idea how big his operation is, but it seems as if he's trying to keep it small, yet the demand is huge. I personally think he makes the best controllers out there. I've had Axess fx1 with expander, gc pro, and as far as LF products, the LF jr, LF Pro, and now the LF 12+ and all have been flawless. There is literally nothing you cant do with them to customize to your preferences. He's in the midst of a new product line rollout and i'm sure that's eating up their time.

There are a few guys who know what they are doing on this board just do a search and ask some questions. The LF board is slow as molasses.

I totally get it if Jeff is the kind of guy that's always working on the "next thing" and isn't interested in the day-to-day operations. He can do the reclusive genius thing and that's fine, BUT if he doesn't want to personally do the banal, routine stuff then he's got to delegate.

I do taxes for a living, a lot of small businesses, and I see this sort of thing all the time. Somebody starts a business based on their particular area of strength - they're a great sales person, or a great designer of some kind, or a hairdresser, or whatever. In the beginning they do everything, because they have no money and they have to. If they're good at the main thing they started the business to do, the business grows. Then, at some point, they can't do everything anymore - it's too big for one person.

All of a sudden they start having problems, because they're no longer spending most of their time doing the things they're good at. Without thinking about it, they've made themselves the general manager of a company - something they probably have no experience at and may not be well-suited to. But since they're now so used to being masters of their own house, they resist delegating authority to anyone... and the business stalls. What they really need to do is hire a general manager to run the business day-to-day, so they can get back to practicing their talent.

I don't know Jeff and I've never been to his shop... but everything I've been seeing from FAMC is telling me he needs to hire a general manager so that his customers get looked after, and he can spend all his time in the Warp Propulsion Laboratory. It would be a real shame if he came out with his next-generation best-MIDI-controller-possible but the brand was so damaged the nobody bought it...

I've been waiting to get an X-series or LF+12+ for more than 6months now. I'm in the UK so shipping and customs charges are a big expense and I simply can't afford the mastermind GT. FAMC seem like they make an amazing product but trying to get a response from them about anything is like getting blood from a stone...

Does anyone know of any other LCD-screen foot controllers other than the LF or Mastermind? Maybe one thats sold in europe?

I opened a ticket on Oct 30 and still haven't received a response. Their support was doing better and replying within a few hours but it looks like they've gone silent again. Hopefully it's because they're releasing their new X-16 soon but it still doesn't look good for their company to have support issues right before releasing a new product. I really hope they don't abandon the LF+ Series because they only have a few bugs to fix to make it almost perfect.

Does anyone know how they left off with the original Liquid Foot Series?

Were most of the bugs fixed before it was discontinued?

I just got an email from Jeff, the owner of FAMC, and he said there was an issue with the Support Ticketing System but all tickets should now have received replies. If you haven't received a reply, go to the link you were emailed to view your ticket and reply in the ticket. Never reply from email because it won't be received.

Haven't read about bugs left in the original LF series. But I got in at the time of the release of the + line and didn't pay much attention. I thought the idea of an lcd per button was magnificent. And it is. Lets face it. Jeff was the first and the original in this.

He's been around since many years now, and he still is around. He makes brilliant stuff, I think that's his saving grace. But they sort of fall off the face of the earth now and then, and then they come back again. It's extremely frustrating if you need help... Once you're on the radar they'll fix it pretty fast, but it takes a bit.

Back
Top Bottom