• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FAMC Liquid Foot+ LF+ and Axe-Fx III Quick Setup and Templates

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I made some templates so the FAMC Liquid Foot+ LF+ can be quickly setup to use with an Axe-Fx III

Here's the link to my Dropbox with the files:
# https://www.dropbox.com/sh/heghqmz9onvv948/AAA6ysP7v4wnGWxAzHwAC9joa/LF+ Editor Sysex Files/!Axe-Fx III?dl=0
## The main template to get you up and running quickly is: "Axe-Fx III Template Presets (Names v12p09) Songs Set-Lists Pages IA-Slots IA-Maps Global"

I also have a folder named "Individual Files" that has all the IA-Slots programmed for the Axe-Fx III:
# https://www.dropbox.com/sh/heghqmz9onvv948/AAA87AAtsbIubjxHk6hcpqOCa/LF+ Editor Sysex Files/!Axe-Fx III/Individual Files?dl=0

I used LF+ firmware v6.32 and LF+ Editor v6.31. So far I have not run into any bugs with the firmware and only a couple minor bugs with the Editor that I found workarounds for.

The main template has every Axe-Fx III Block 1 IA-Slot but if you need Blocks 2-4, you can load them from the individual files. I made sure to put the IA-Slots in the individual files starting after the default slots 1-60, so you can load them into the Editor and drag them to the slots you want or you can create your own IA-Maps.

All the Channel IA-Slots are programmed to display a menu, so you can select Channel A-D and when you select a Channel, it will also enable the associated block if it's disabled.
== Example ==
# Delay 1 IA-Slot is disabled
# Step on the Delay 1 Channel IA-Slot
# Step on any channel A-D
# Now the channel is selected and the Delay 1 IA-Slot is enabled too

== Tip for assigning Block and Channel IA-Slots ==
# In the LF+ Editor, go to the Global tab
# Under Hardware:
## Enabled "Force 2nd func ASAP" (Make button Green)
## Under "Combo Button Press Blocking", enable SAVE/COPY (Make button Green)
# Go to the Page tab
# Select a Page you want to edit
# Select a button you want to edit
# Assign Function 1 to a Block IA-Slot like the Delay 1 Block
# Assign Function 2 to the associated channel Delay 1 Channel
# Change the button's "Button Pressed Trigger Type" from "Toggle & Trigger" to "Trigger Only"
# Now you can change the Delay 1 Block's bypass state from ON/Bypass and if you hold the button down the Channel menu will open, so you can select channel A-D

All the Scene IA-Slots toggle
== Example ==
# S1 toggles to S2
## Step on S1, S1 will be selected
## Step on S1 again, it will toggle back and forth between S1 and S2

# S2-S4 toggles to S1
## Step on S2, S2 will be selected
## Step on S2 again, it will toggle back and forth between S2 and S1
## Step on S3, S3 will be selected
## Step on S3 again, it will toggle back and forth between S3 and S1
## Step on S4, S4 will be selected
## Step on S4 again, it will toggle back and forth between S4 and S1

# S5 toggles to S6
## Step on S5, S5 will be selected
## Step on S5 again, it will toggle back and forth between S6 and S5

# S6-S8 toggles to S5
## Step on S6, S6 will be selected
## Step on S6 again, it will toggle back and forth between S6 and S5
## Step on S7, S7 will be selected
## Step on S7 again, it will toggle back and forth between S7 and S5
## Step on S8, S8 will be selected
## Step on S8 again, it will toggle back and forth between S8 and S5

Let me know if you have any questions or find anything I need to fix. Enjoy!!!

Disclaimer:
I am not or ever been an employee, affiliate or have any connection with FAMC
I'm a FAMC customer that owns a LF+ PRO+, LF+ 12+, BE-2 and Phantom Power box

Last edited:

luckymethod

Let me know if you have any questions or find anything I need to fix. Enjoy!!!
First of all thank you, I head of horror stories about this pedal and I have one coming so knowing there's someone that made it work makes me feel better. I'll check your templates out and come with feedback if I have any or just show you what I've got :)

GotMetalBoy

Power User
First of all thank you, I head of horror stories about this pedal and I have one coming so knowing there's someone that made it work makes me feel better. I'll check your templates out and come with feedback if I have any or just show you what I've got :)
Which model did you get? Did you get it new from FAMC or used? Let me know if you have any questions.

I also wrote this Tutorial. It's a little outdated but most of it still applies.
# FAMC Liquid Foot+: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+

If you need me to remote into your PC, to show you how the Editor works, I usually give an hour free and then my hourly rate is whatever you make an hour.

FAMC's support and manuals are horrible but they did make great products and the last firmware update fixed most of the bugs.

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
Easily one of the best ever pedal made and a pioneer copied by some. The horror stories are\were\whatever about the support and the website, not the hardware or software.
Just sayin so you know it's a great piece of hardware.

luckymethod

Which model did you get? Did you get it new from FAMC or used? Let me know if you have any questions.

I also wrote this Tutorial. It's a little outdated but most of it still applies.
# FAMC Liquid Foot+: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+
I got this one, maybe you know the owner: https://reverb.com/item/34882593-liquid-foot-jr

Gonna try on my own but I appreciate there's a resource out there in case I end up bashing my head against a wall.

honeypat

Inspired
Great job you did... I have LF JR+ and tried a lot to upate Editor and connect to my JR+.
But Editor did not recognized the connection. This was reported to FAMC and they are
currently on investigation.. Actually, I have contemplated my JR+ pair with FM3 for use
with OMG9 Layout since my FC6 is getting well with my AXE3. However, programming
JR+ to that effect was hell absolutely beyond my capacities...finally gave it up....
Yours is first success of FAMC product work with AXE3 if my memory does not fail me.
Congratulation.... Mini display on your LF+ displays respective Scene names?

Rane

Inspired
quick / stupid question: do I need to connect both MIDI in and out to the Axe FX to get all the functions of the controller to work?
Yeah, you do. Tuner and other functions that require feedback from the Axe Fx won't work otherwise. I built a custom splitter cable and used a 7pin midi cable. I ran power and 2 way midi from a single cable.

I had my Liquid Foot 12 for years. Recently upgraded to an FC-6. The LF software, especially the editor can be a bit buggy and difficult to understand. Once I got things setup, it always worked flawlessly. Editing and changing things was never fun though.

FC-6 is a different story. So easy to setup. And no bugs. 🐞

luckymethod

Yeah, you do. Tuner and other functions that require feedback from the Axe Fx won't work otherwise. I built a custom splitter cable and used a 7pin midi cable. I ran power and 2 way midi from a single cable.
Thank you, I suspected as much. And yeah, I can see already what you mean about the editor, not fun to look at but I wanted something that can work with either the Axe or other equipment and the FC-6 is too much money to use it just with one device. Honestly with all the money I spent on controllers I should have just kept the Helix Floor and use that as pedalboard :)

Rane

Inspired
Thank you, I suspected as much. And yeah, I can see already what you mean about the editor, not fun to look at but I wanted something that can work with either the Axe or other equipment and the FC-6 is too much money to use it just with one device. Honestly with all the money I spent on controllers I should have just kept the Helix Floor and use that as pedalboard :)
Yeah, if you've got other gear, it totally makes sense. Once you get it setup, the Liquid Foot really is an incredibly powerful controller. The Fractal is the only thing I use these days, so it made sense for me to just buy the controller that works with it.

Top Bottom