FAMC Liquid Foot+ Axe-Fx III support

When I used 6.20 with the Preset tab Default Page feature it loads the page but some button definitions like preset up, preset down and page select don't display on load. I submitted a support ticket.

How did you install the firmware? I just noticed the firmware v6.20 that's on the download page is different from the one I originally download. One file is dated March 20 and the other March 21. I'm not sure what the difference is because the release notes are the same. I'm also not sure what one we get if we auto install from the Editor.

Try downloading the firmware from the downloads page again and install it. The issue you're having sounds like you may have a pre-release of the firmware. I don't have any presets select a page but I have buttons that select different pages and they display the correct info. If I have time tonight, I'll try setting some presets to select pages and see if I have the same issue.

How did you install the firmware? I just noticed the firmware v6.20 that's on the download page is different from the one I originally download. One file is dated March 20 and the other March 21. I'm not sure what the difference is because the release notes are the same. I'm also not sure what one we get if we auto install from the Editor.

Try downloading the firmware from the downloads page again and install it. The issue you're having sounds like you may have a pre-release of the firmware. I don't have any presets select a page but I have buttons that select different pages and they display the correct info. If I have time tonight, I'll try setting some presets to select pages and see if I have the same issue.

I am pretty sure I used a downloaded versioned. Just to be safe I downloaded it again and installed it. Same issues. Using Default Page from Presets is fraught with peril.

Are you talking about on the editor or the pedal? If on the pedal, mine does this as well until I select a different preset and then the 2nd functions appear. Hopefully they'll fix that bug as welll as the main screen control.

FAMC just emailed me saying this issue is probably resolved in 6.21 which will release in a day or two.

I played around with the PRESET IA-SLOT STATE SYNC function with both Preset options selected and the IA Slot Present Initial Resend off. It seems to really slow down the response time and cause some switches to not light up as expected (though those buttons are still active). Anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing because its receiving a lot of data.

I played around with the PRESET IA-SLOT STATE SYNC function with both Preset options selected and the IA Slot Present Initial Resend off. It seems to really slow down the response time and cause some switches to not light up as expected (though those buttons are still active). Anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing because its receiving a lot of data.
I don’t use that capability. If you haven’t already, I suggest submitting a support ticket.

6.21 now available for download:

release notes:
v6.21
------------------------------------------------------------------
FIX: AXE-FX III : Setting initial IA-Slot states for AXE-FX III CHAN SYNC within preset not always forcing chan state when IA-Slot's Sync is set to initial preset resend.
FIX: AXE-FX III : Scene name not properly updated when disconnected from live AXE-FX III Sync
FIX: Display : 2nd Function items not displayed on button LCD properly under certain conditions
FIX: Display : Certain items not displayed on Main LCD under certain conditions
MOD: Display : Song / Setlist Mode -> Song will display immediately when switching between songs
MOD: Expression Pedals: improved response engine
MOD: KEMPER : new kemper v5.5.x reverb modifications handled by LF+
MOD: KEMPER : when editor v6.21+ is connected a first time, new internal data will be sent to update reverb
MOD: TUNER : Tuner will now exit when any expression pedal (or Exp Pedal button extender) is moved/pressed
MOD: EXPANDER : v6 platform functionality out of beta in this release. Full expander capabilities available.
MOD: EXPANDER : New subsystem update. SEND YOUR MASTER PROGRAMMING FILE W\ SUPPORT TICKET IF REPORTING ANY PROBLEM.

Confirmed that v6.21 fixes the 2nd Function when using Preset > Default Page feature.

If this release is solid I may stick with my LF+JR+ for a while instead of going with a huge FC-12 or button-challenged FC-6. We'll see...

Confirmed that v6.21 fixes the 2nd Function when using Preset > Default Page feature.

If this release is solid I may stick with my LF+JR+ for a while instead of going with a huge FC-12 or button-challenged FC-6. We'll see...

I'm planning on getting a FC-12 for it's simplicity and low latency and use my LF+ 12+ for Set List and Song Modes. Then I'm going to sell my Axe-Fx II with my LF+ PRO+. I also want to keep my LF+ 12+ to control my DAW or any future MIDI gear I may acquire.

v6.22

V6.22 Release Notes:
* some features require v6.21+ editor for update. Editor coming shortly.

FIX: MIDI CLOCK : LF+ will properly transmit from 50bpm -> 255bpm MIDI BEAT CLOCK.

MOD: Double-Tap Button: Buttons w/ 2 functions set as double tap respond quicker.

FAMC just released the new LF+ Editor v6.22 and Drivers:
https://www.famcmusic.com/download/

New Drivers Info:
https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/lf-editor-support/drivers-windows-7-windows-10/

New LF+ Editor v6.22 Info:
https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/lf-editor-support/v6-22-for-windows-7-os-x-10-7/

-----------------
LF+ EDITOR V6.22
-----------------
over 100 modifications and bug fixes

added all firmware features available as of v6.22

Mojave / Windows 10 enhancements and fixes

-----------------
LF+ EDITOR V6.02
-----------------

NEW: Updated External Sync System for AXE detection, AXE-FX III model, and other fixes
NEW: Updated External Sync System for Kemper, advanced configurations selectable
NEW: Compatible with all v6.02 firmware features.
NEW: File Menu->Load Special Programming->Kemper Remote Control Emulation added
NEW: File Menu->Load Special Programming->AXE-FX III
NEW: Device Definitions: Drag-drop TO and FROM IA-Slot, Song, and Preset Programming Command Areas
FIX: Drag=drop from Quick Pick List to a programming area will create the proper programming command and fill in the data values if it is a valid command. Works under all conditions now.
example 1: Dragging a particular IA-Slot from the quick pick list and dragging to programming area will give you a choice of valid IA-Slot commands and populate parameters for you
example 2: Drag a sysex message into the programming area and it will create the programming command to trigger the sysex message
FIX: File open crash when certain folder(s) doesn't exist
FIX: Global Menu on LF+ corrections (IA-Slot Sync ID, Effect Names)
FIX: Option / Preference Screen : User and Backup directory issues (not saving properly, crashing when changed or directory is removed)
FIX: Loading a programming file now imports song labels under all circumstances when a song (range) is selected
FIX: Programming Command Areas: Press DELETE key will erase the current command. Even if drag-dropped to new location
MOD: Data entry is a little quicker when entering labels, names, steps. Pressing TAB key will correctly cycle from one text entry to another for quicker input
MOD: Device Definitions allow import/export of multiple devices at one time
MOD: Connection engine on Windows OS updated. Will help with "Failed to Send" errors
MOD: Will Load editor and open the last active editor window
MOD: default set to not Auto-Connect
MOD: default set to not Auto-Sync
MOD: default set to Remember Last Connection Settings
MOD: default set to Help Connection issues
MOD: Editor not compatible with V2.00 or lower of firmware
MOD: Updated with all V6.00 firmware features
MOD: Many internal updates
FIX: Presets - Right-Click now available on all toggle parameters for multi-preset quick programming
MOD: New DEVICE SYNC functionality for KEMPER. Performance mode or browser mode options.

I installed the new LF update that has Axe Fx 3 features but I have some problems.

I use 2 Midi cable to connect my pedal to the Axe Fx 3, but i cannot change preset from the Axe Fx and seeing them on the LF+.

Then I can't configure my exprerssion pedal.

I tried to follow the instruction on this thread https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/lf-12-12/axe-fx-iii-2/ but nothing changed for me.

Thanks for the help!

Marcello

I installed the new LF update that has Axe Fx 3 features but I have some problems.

I use 2 Midi cable to connect my pedal to the Axe Fx 3, but i cannot change preset from the Axe Fx and seeing them on the LF+.

Then I can't configure my exprerssion pedal.

I tried to follow the instruction on this thread https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/lf-12-12/axe-fx-iii-2/ but nothing changed for me.

Thanks for the help!

Marcello

@cellopet / Marcello,

You have to go into the LF+ Editor Global section and enable "Force Changes". Then when you change a preset on the Axe-Fx II or III front panel, the LF+ will follow and sync with the preset.

Here's a screenshot:
LF_Plus_Axe-Fx_II_and_III_Force_Change.png

@cellopet / Marcello,

You have to go into the LF+ Editor Global section and enable "Force Changes". Then when you change a preset on the Axe-Fx II or III front panel, the LF+ will follow and sync with the preset.

Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 53973

Thank you so much!!!!

I can’t configure expression pedal... i can see them on the editor page, but when I put modifiers on expression 1, nothing happened

Thank you so much!!!!

I can’t configure expression pedal... i can see them on the editor page, but when I put modifiers on expression 1, nothing happened

I'm not in front of my rig but you can try looking at my Tutorial. I haven't updated it for the LF+ v6.22 but it should be similar.

Did you go into the Axe-Fx III MIDI/Remote menu > External tab and set CC#'s for External Control 1 - 16? Once you do that, go to your Axe-Fx III preset and assign a knob modifier to External Control 1. Then in the LF+ Editor, go to the Exp Pedals tab and under Expression Pedal 1, change the CC# to match what you set External Control 1 and enable auto calibrate. Send the programming to your LF+.

== Expression Pedals and Switches ==
+ http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+#Expression_Pedals_and_Switches

@cellopet / Marcello,

Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 53973

I am not able to get the LF+JR+ to follow preset changes made on the Axe-FX III. Do you have this working? If so, can you share your LF file?

BTW, I do have Tuner working so my III is able to send data to the LF+.

I am not able to get the LF+JR+ to follow preset changes made on the Axe-FX III. Do you have this working? If so, can you share your LF file?

I'll try to get you my programming this weekend.

My PC I use to program my LF+ keeps getting Blue Screens, so I couldn't get my programming file but here's a screenshot. Not sure if you still need it because I saw you ordered an FC-12.

Also, make sure you go into your Axe-Fx III SETUP > MIDI/REMOTE: GENERAL PAGE > Send MIDI PC: Set to the same channel (16) as the LF+ MIDI Channel (16) circled in the screenshot. If you're controlling other gear on MIDI Channel 16, you can select another channel.

LF+_Sync_Axe-Fx_III_PCs.png

I'm wondering if someone has a step-by-step (or can point in the right direction / provide a working syx file) for getting my Jr+ set up with my Axe 3. I previously used with the 2 and everything was great. It's a hot mess with the 3, however, even with FW 6.22. I tried loading the Axe 3 Basic Template from the LF+ editor, but scenes don't stick (they flicker around), and basically everything is a mess. I have the Axe 3 set to channel 1 and know it's communicating since the presets change. I also set the PC Channel to 16 per the last post's recommendation.

Thoughts before I move on to the FC and get some sleep back?

Back
Top Bottom