FAMC LF+ with Axe-Fx II - Quick Start Guide and Template:

Definitely no issues with two way communication and a cheap Rocktron 7-pin MIDI cable here. Don't know what to tell you, but it works perfectly for me.

I made several 7-pin cables from cat6 (or cat5e don't remember) cables with Neutrik plugs. Best-tronics uses those plugs too, they're surprisingly cheap. They all work fine with two way communication and phantom power. Soldering is a bit of a hassle on the second end where the leads go in reverse, but it's doable.

I bought a good quality 30m (90ft) network cable, pre-made with the molded RJ45s and cut those off. These pre-made cables you can buy in several lengths up to 300ft and in any color and you can be sure they are reasonably flexible. I got blue. :D. Make sure the conductors are stranded, not solid core. Meterware cable is mostly solid and very rigid.

Out of this 30m I can make three 3m, couple of 6m and one 9 for when I'm really far away. Which never happens. But still. All for like €60 or 70. Like $90. With some soldering fun. :D. Can't help it. I like soldering.

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you I got 95% of everything I need on my new 12+ working in one night. I am using a 7 pin cable and the tuner works fine but I can't get autosync to work (the mode menu doesn't even give me the option to control an external device). I know there is bidirectional talking since the tuner works and the tap tempo light flashes on the LF in the right time. Maybe I'll try to add a 5 pin from the Axe into the LF and see if that works. Ive checked and rechecked all settings on both the LF and the Axe and all seems right. I wonder if it's a bug since a number of people in this thread have mentioned aurosync being a problem. Thanks again guys.

"Under I/O, MIDI I changed "Display Offset" to 1 so the patch numbers line up between Axe and LF+"

Big thanks AZG! Your instruction to change the I/O Midi Display Offset saved me from pulling my hair out in frustration. Big thanks!

Been out of the loop for a while, but still have my LF+JR+. Last time I messed with it, you could import the preset names from the Axe Fx II, but if you changed any of the preset names on the Axe Fx, you either had to do another import to the LF or manually change the name of the preset in the LF to match the Axe Fx preset. Is this still the case, or does the latest LF firmware now support real time preset name syncing/updates? Thx

So I have a liquid foot+ 12 I sort of had it working 6 months s go then gave up, installed the latest drivers and editor now keep getting a 105 error, device cannot be found... So frustrating.

Using a mac (Maverick) tried new usb cables connected by 7 pin midi powered with the wall wart adaptor through the Axe fx.

Anyone help?

Scent from my ismell

So I have a liquid foot+ 12 I sort of had it working 6 months s go then gave up, installed the latest drivers and editor now keep getting a 105 error, device cannot be found... So frustrating.

Using a mac (Maverick) tried new usb cables connected by 7 pin midi powered with the wall wart adaptor through the Axe fx.

Anyone help?

Scent from my ismell

I had the same problem with my Mini+. I had to reinstall the LF Drivers that were in the download along with the Firmware update.

I had the same problem with my Mini+. I had to reinstall the LF Drivers that were in the download along with the Firmware update.

Hi, thanks for your reply, yeah I tried re installing the drivers about 3 times... Nothing..

Scent from my ismell

Hi, thanks for your reply, yeah I tried re installing the drivers about 3 times... Nothing..

Scent from my ismell

I remember now that I had to type in some commands in the Terminal App on my Macbook to get everything working. I found it few weeks ago on the Liquidfoot Forum. I'm looking for the link now to send to you

I remember now that I had to type in some commands in the Terminal App on my Macbook to get everything working. I found it few weeks ago on the Liquidfoot Forum. I'm looking for the link now to send to you

If I get this sorted, I OWE you some beers! [emoji482]

Scent from my ismell

So a quick update: none of this worked, I've now tried EVERYTHING, but still cannot get the LF to recognise it's being plugged in to my Mac. I'm at the point of throwing it in the trash.

Scent from my ismell

The best way to perform the sudo command string in that thread, is to copy the line from the forum post, and paste this directly into Terminal. The command has important characters in it, but also the spacing between the characters is important. Rather than guessing - copy/paste to insure total accuracy.

Thanks turd. Already done that (copied and passed)

Entered password... Rebooted... Nada

Scent from my ismell

HI thaks for the template, got me going and starting to understand the LF+ JR +..couple of questions maybe you can help me with

I cant find PEQ in the IA slots drop down menu to select it am i missing something?

On the LF+ how do i make the small screen share the function visually..All i see now on this template im using is this:

Drive 1

How do i make it revel or say the second function.

Also im hearing the metronome or the tap tempo clicking through my speaker, how do i turn it off..thanks

Last edited:

Scent from my ismell
I bought mine Feb 2 and have had the same problem. I finally found out that I could restart my computer and get the LF software to see the pedal connected to my Macbook pro.

I contacted FMAC about the issue and one time they emailed me that there were no known issues the next time they told me that the designer knew about it and was working on a fix. I have recently decided to send the unit back because of all of the issues I have had with the unit as well as lack of customer service.

I don't know what to say. I never had a problem getting the.12+ connected to my win7 laptop previously and only a short while with my macbookpro a year ago. I even have two USB hubs and 4 cables in between.

When I switch off the 12+ with the editor running it can crash hard and needs to be stopped by force. In those cases I sometimes had to reinstall the drivers. But then it worked again. So it is possible to get it to work. And I'm a total Mac noob. Usually a reboot is enough. I think I did the sudo commands once after upgrading to El Capitan, but not recently.

I'm sorry for you guys. The LF is bloody marvelous now that I have it working like I want it and most bugs are ironed out. Support has been up again last week. They are still there. Just today I got some replies to small questions. There will be a new firmware, 4.33, shortly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom