• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Falling in love with Looper block!

ChristThePhone

Forum Addict
If I had done the setup with a laptop and all the automation I wouldn't use the looper any longer but just have everything stored in backing tracks. :rolleyes:

Gui Freitas

Inspired
The looper block won't quantize as far as I know, but you can trigger it via midi messages so that it stays in sync with a click track. I just did this for a live video my band did for the tiny desk contest. I set up a midi track in protools, connected to the ax8 via usb, used two midi CC messages only: start recording and start playback. worked like a charm, I clicked the playback off manually at the end of the song. here's the result:
there is a quantize on looper block but I suspect that it does not work very well.
Whether or not you use the quantize does not seem to change anything.

Alan Hoover

New here
We are a two-piece (drummer and guitar) with in-ear click and bass backing track. We add other sounds when needed, like air raid sirens, samples, etc. I already automate all of my AX8 program changes with midi, so ZERO Tap Dance. I thought, "It sure would be nice to automate some looper functions"---so I did. Yeah, I could record a backing track for that guitar part, but I’m trying to stay away from a karaoke feel. #clickdoesnotforgive

I am not a professional musician, just a computer geek that LOVES to play guitar!

Paultergeist

Inspired
This is insightful ...... I didn’t even know that the AX8 HAD a looper.

That purchase of a Ditto X2 (looper) now seems kind of redundant.

addedc

Veteran
Looper is a good way to do it. I use a Ditto though so I don't need to change my presets and foot switches.

And as a tax time looper topic, if you want to hear the world's most irritating hold music, call Intuit (Turbo Tax, Quickbooks). They have a 20-second instrumental loop designed to drive customers off the phone.

Paultergeist

Inspired
So.....the looper is one of the assignable options in a block......just like any effect......is that correct?

If I was home right now, I would fire up my AX8 and see for myself......

Mincer

Inspired
This is insightful ...... I didn’t even know that the AX8 HAD a looper.

That purchase of a Ditto X2 (looper) now seems kind of redundant.
Maybe not. If a loop is running and you change patches (to a patch that also has the looper), you will hear silence as the new patch loads. If just for a half-second. But it is sort of disruptive if you rely on loops a lot.

Decimator

Regular
I have just fell in love too for tweaking my presets. I left it running with the volume off for a couple of hours last night. I turned the volume up on the front panel and realised I left it running all that time. The thing I noticed was that the sound seemed to be degraded. It sounded like it was being played back at a lower sample rate.

Does anyone know if this can happen or is it just ear fatigue perhaps? I checked the manual but didn't see anything regarding sound quality or sample rate of the looper. I assumed that it played back exactly what it is fed in but now I wonder.

Top Bottom