Faking two Amps w/ Cabs

Kidmag

Hi all,

Working to get my hands around some stuff.

I love the sound of using two separate amps, but I understand we only have 1 amp block in the AX8. I noticed you can do a "stereo" cab in the cab block and have two cabs to pick from (lets say cab A and cab B).

If I go stereo and pan each 100% L and R, respectively, and assuming the P.A. is set-up correctly in stereo, will cab A come out of one side of the PA and cab B come out of the other side?

I'm hoping this will help me get some of that depth that two amps produces.

Or is there any other way to accomplish the same thing, or any tricks you could enlighten me too?

Thank you!

Derek

Here's a preset I'm working on. I put a drive block (ruckus, since its an amp-in-the-box type) in parallel with the amp block. then into a mono cab block. For me being stereo is not practical most of the time.

Attachments

• dual path 1416.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 11
"Using stereo cab along with enhancer on classic setting will get you pretty far."

I'm going to have to read up on "enhancer" blocks. I'll check it out. Do you know if what I suggested above is possible? or should I drop that idea.

Thanks!

"Using stereo cab along with enhancer on classic setting will get you pretty far."

I'm going to have to read up on "enhancer" blocks. I'll check it out. Do you know if what I suggested above is possible? or should I drop that idea.

Thanks!

Yeah, if you pan the cab block that way and don't put a mono effect block after it, then your L output will be L cab and R output, R cab.

The enhancer effect is just to make your stereo image sound bigger. I put it last in the chain.
If you are only running mono output though, make sure to turn it off because it will make things sound bad.

I am about to do an experiment using a preamp pedal in the FX loop, so, one "amp" is from the AX8 and the other is external. When I get my preamp pedal I will update you guys :)

Yeah, if you pan the cab block that way and don't put a mono effect block after it, then your L output will be L cab and R output, R cab.

The enhancer effect is just to make your stereo image sound bigger. I put it last in the chain.
If you are only running mono output though, make sure to turn it off because it will make things sound bad.
I believe the enhancer will only sound bad when collapsed to mono when in the "classic" mode, which uses a very short time delay. The other mode, to my ears, sounds fine when collapsed to mono.

Back
Top Bottom