My fake photo-shopped prototype only!
Sorry, I was bored... But I can see a unit like this in the works, although maybe not soon. FM3 and Axe III are both genius, but not exactly what I am looking for. Key (hypothetical ) characteristics:
- FC-12 Chassis (One with prototype handles was seen & mentioned in the past.)
- Around 2X the price of the FM3, with potentially better margins for Fractal vs. FM3+FC6
- From 2X to 4X (@Axe III?) the power of the FM3, 2X would be enough for dual AMP blocks
- Better than FM3+FC6 modular, b/c the bigger chassis can cool the more powerful DSPs
- FC-12 Dimensions are 20.2″ x 9.2″ x 3.5″. Big for some, but not for me. C'mon, you can handle it...
- I really think this unit could INCREASE overall Fractal market share vs. just cannibalize FM3/Axe III sales. There is a sweet spot for many, MANY AX8 owners looking for an upgrade that is not quite exactly served by the other 2 units and would also pull many people from Helix, etc.