Faith restored in my Axe :)

Does this mean that after the "makeover" drives will use less DSP compared to now, or will there be a "less than gobs" additional requirement?
There will be less than gobs. It normally takes a lot of CPU power to do a real-time simulation. The amp block uses an entire dedicated DSP. To do even a simple distortion pedal would normally require huge amounts of CPU. But I stumbled upon a simple trick that reduces it dramatically.

There will be less than gobs. It normally takes a lot of CPU power to do a real-time simulation. The amp block uses an entire dedicated DSP. To do even a simple distortion pedal would normally require huge amounts of CPU. But I stumbled upon a simple trick that reduces it dramatically.

Any chances to fit in Axe FX II?

And is there a way to apply this trick to the amp block too?
Obviously I have no idea what this trick is so my question could be totally pointless.

The next firmware is getting a Drive block makeover. I've "cracked the code" on drive pedals and figured out a way to do a SPICE simulation in real time without using gobs of CPU. It's so simple I can't believe no one ever thought of it before but none of the papers even approach anything resembling the technique.

This will bring "Ares" level modeling to the Drive block.
Holy Sh..!

IMHO, it would be a good idea to sell the II and move to the III. I purchased it when the price was higher. Right now it is on sale. Makes me want to buy a second one.
Same. For the price of a decent new guitar, you could have a 'hole 'nudda level (the "HNL") of tone - as a backup :D I've been tempted as well - especially since I paid nearly $1000 more from a scalper on Reverb when the wait list was still in effect lol! So now, $2250? That's chump change! ... even though it's really not.

Spice the KoT!!! :D

https://guitar-electronics.eu/en_US/p/file/ec7773d1895ad929cc18d0b3ec271f76/King-Of-Tone.pdf
https://guitar-electronics.eu/en_US/p/KING-OF-TONE-x1-kit-PRO/89

It is just a $0.72 RC4580 and a bunch of $1 diodes. The most expensive component is the box :p

87cad3f8ba8d65cde2b9081df11e611c.jpg

Last edited:
BTW: spice is illegal in countries like the UK, France, Germany, Poland, Ireland, South Korea, Japan, Sweden or Switzerland. Future firmware versions should have a download restriction based on the geographical location.

It is legal in Spain, Argentina, Canada, Bermuda, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Denmark, Slovakia or Thailand though :)

I think that at the United States it depends on the state.

Last edited:
Same. For the price of a decent new guitar, you could have a 'hole 'nudda level (the "HNL") of tone - as a backup :D I've been tempted as well - especially since I paid nearly $1000 more from a scalper on Reverb when the wait list was still in effect lol! So now, $2250? That's chump change! ... even though it's really not.
The H. N. L. Mmm’hmm

If only I could be that chump!

Back
Top Bottom