FAILURE interview!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It's great to hear once again how excited this band is about the Axe-Fx II...

Failure interview: Ken Andrews and Greg Edwards - Guitar & Bass | Guitar & Bass

“Everyone said ‘You’ve got to try the latest modelling technology see how far it’s come’, and Axe-Fx blew me away. To be able to cover all the sounds from the old albums and the new stuff in one box, and more accurately than a full analogue rig would be able to do, has been a huge facilitating feature of this whole reboot. We use Apple MainStage for keyboard sounds; I trigger a few samples off my pedal board, Kelli triggers some samples from his drum pad, but it’s all MIDI controllers running into MainStage on one laptop on my side of the stage.
“Another reason the Axe-Fx has worked so well for us as they do both guitar and bass pretty well. Greg and I switch live quite a bit.”

That was quite a good endorsement of the the Axe-FX. I must concur that mine has rendered a large portion of my gear obsolete and/or overly cumbersome by comparison.

It's great to hear once again how excited this band is about the Axe-Fx II...

Failure interview: Ken Andrews and Greg Edwards - Guitar & Bass | Guitar & Bass

“Everyone said ‘You’ve got to try the latest modelling technology see how far it’s come’, and Axe-Fx blew me away. To be able to cover all the sounds from the old albums and the new stuff in one box, and more accurately than a full analogue rig would be able to do, has been a huge facilitating feature of this whole reboot. We use Apple MainStage for keyboard sounds; I trigger a few samples off my pedal board, Kelli triggers some samples from his drum pad, but it’s all MIDI controllers running into MainStage on one laptop on my side of the stage.
“Another reason the Axe-Fx has worked so well for us as they do both guitar and bass pretty well. Greg and I switch live quite a bit.”

Awesome M@, thanks for sharing that. By far, my fav band ever.....

Gonna see these guys at the Great American Music Hall in August, can't wait to hear what they're doing with the axe! Do they seem like the type to share patches? I would flip for a chance to have some of the bass tones they use for fantastic planet songs. Another Space Song has always been a benchmark for dirty bass tones for me.

Gonna see these guys at the Great American Music Hall in August, can't wait to hear what they're doing with the axe! Do they seem like the type to share patches? I would flip for a chance to have some of the bass tones they use for fantastic planet songs. Another Space Song has always been a benchmark for dirty bass tones for me.

If you REALLY want them, they're selling 10 (7 guitar and 3 bass) patches for 300 bucks on their PledgeMusic page.

I saw them last year and it was one of the best sounding live shows I've ever seen. I'm going to see them again on Tuesday here in Nashville and I'm hoping to chat with Ken about his patches. It's insane how good those guys are.

If you REALLY want them, they're selling 10 (7 guitar and 3 bass) patches for 300 bucks on their PledgeMusic page.

I saw them last year and it was one of the best sounding live shows I've ever seen. I'm going to see them again on Tuesday here in Nashville and I'm hoping to chat with Ken about his patches. It's insane how good those guys are.

If your primarily a bass player thats $100 per patch.... ouch

RIg Rundown - Rig Rundown: Failure's Ken Andrews | Premier Guitar

But I loved this quote,
With the Axe-FX, we can take those sounds we’ve spent so much time working on, pack them in a 50-pound Pelican case, throw it on an airplane and play anywhere we want. We’re completely over questioning if its generated tones are as good as the real thing. I’m actually of the mind that they’re better. I mean, the parameters you can alter inside these boxes are so deep now, a lot of them you couldn’t even touch within the physical world.
- Failure's Monster Comeback | Premier Guitar

The XL+ is the "latest and greatest" version of the Axe-Fx II, featuring over 200+ "G3" amp models, Ultra-Res IR cab simulation, and a full complement of breathtaking effects.

I noticed recently that HUM is doing some dates with Failure, any word as to whether or not Matt Talbott has converted to the 'darkside' (i.e. non-analog)?

Back
Top Bottom