FACTORY PRESETS

ATR1

Inspired
Hello I have been messing with some of the presets and liking the Mark Day BE tone with my MB Mark V at the moment. I notice it does not have much sustain can anyone guide me on how to improve the sustain in that preset? Also looking for a Neil Schon tone setting if anyone have one. I play a Gibson LP Std.
Thx..

Hello I have been messing with some of the presets and liking the Mark Day BE tone with my MB Mark V at the moment. I notice it does not have much sustain can anyone guide me on how to improve the sustain in that preset? Also looking for a Neil Schon tone setting if anyone have one. I play a Gibson LP Std.
Thx..

I'm pretty sure that getting a Neal Schon tone is going to have way more to do with your amp than the FX8. All the FX8 can do is give you more dirt and/or some EQ - it isn't going to be the foundation of the tone.

The foundation of sustain is going to be coming from your amp. There's not going to really be "sustain" in a preset beyond perhaps a drive or compressor that's helping your amp along.

Turn your amp's master up. Turn up the preamp gain. Then kick on a drive pedal if you still don't have sustain.

Also...doesn't Neal Schon still use the Fernandes Sustainer? No setting you can come up with is going to approach that.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe a gate of some sort was applied chopping it off. Amp is fine with sustain. I am not trying to "tone match" Schon. I 'm more looking for the similar rhythm tone(Don't Stop Believing) I can pullout of channel 2 on my Mark V crunch with OD Pedal. I am still in the learning curve with FX8 bare with me.
Thx.

Back
Top Bottom