Factory presets with CLEAN AMPS sound DIRTY

prometh

Power User
I remember reading about this a while back, but I couldn't find the thread to comment there.

Basically, when I load up a preset like 000, it sounds clean for a half second before switching to high gain. Has a solution to this been found?

Last edited:
"High Gain" ??
Interesting. Not at all here. I am able to tame and control quite well using volume. Just like with the actual amps. Very happy with the performance of 000, and excited to try it on 7.0.

I've had that exact thing happen before and I can't remember what caused it. I'm thinking it was something like the Drive block engaging automatically.

Well, no, not "high gain", but a fair amount of power tube saturation. I tried removing everything but the amp+cab and it still isn't clean like it used to be.

Well if you are not over driving the input, the tritone hardness changed. Default is now zero but presets made prior to 6.02 were made with it at 5. Try adjusting up to 5.

Adjusting triode hardness on my bank files worked for the "59 Bassguy" preset, but not "Deluxe Verb"; it's still fizzy. "59 Bassguy" is also not as bright/sharp as it used to be.
Triode hardness on the presets on the unit itself already have a value of 0.

I suppose v7 banks will fix this?

Back
Top Bottom