Factory preset banks for FM3 firmware 1.06 and later

Hey,

Can I move presets 0 thru 100 to slots 400 thru 500 all at once using FM3 Edit.
Or do I have to Store/Move/Overwrite one at a time even when using Edit-
Like is required when using the unit interface.
At least for now- as far as I know.

Thx.

Damn it-
Noticed at least 3 other threads were I should have asked this instead of here.

Including 1 I started myself. 🙄

I’ll try to be more considerate in the future.

Last edited:
Hey,

Can I move presets 0 thru 100 to slots 400 thru 500 all at once using FM3 Edit.
Or do I have to Store/Move/Overwrite one at a time even when using Edit-
Like is required when using the unit interface.
At least for now- as far as I know.

Thx.

You can do it with Preset Manager.

You should be able to copy the group of presets, place them where you want and paste them.
Once they are there you can go back and delete/clear the original slots for your use.

Much appreciate the fast response and details.
I swear I’m already wearing out the buttons on the unit-
I’m pretty rough on them.
I’ve also gone thru quite a few rotary encoder knobs on Eventides over the years.
So I know it’s me and not the units.
Definitely don’t want that to happen yet on my FM3-
even though Fractal is only a few towns over.

Time to find a longer usb cord and start utilizing FM3 Edit-
And put the one I stole back on my bosses printer before I have to try to explain myself.

Thx for all.

Last edited:
Is there any online document (PDF) in the forum that lists and briefly describes all ~360 default presents that come with the FM3? Most other processor brands do have a full list of presets with a one sentence description of what the tone or set of effects are trying to create. I did go through all ~360 once to listen to them--took a few hours. :)

Is there any online document (PDF) in the forum that lists and briefly describes all ~360 default presents that come with the FM3? Most other processor brands do have a full list of presets with a one sentence description of what the tone or set of effects are trying to create. I did go through all ~360 once to listen to them--took a few hours. :)

I realize what your looking for is something you can reference when you are looking for a particular effect or tone.

But it’s not feasible my friend-
Although needless to say you can create something yourself that will suit your needs.

Because if you really think about it-
Just about any preset can do just about anything.

So you really can’t just call it a Phaser preset or a OverDrive preset when so many blocks are featured in each-
Combined in every way imaginable.

And once you bypass the Phaser its no longer a Phaser preset-
But could turn into a Chorus preset.
Ect....

Just a massive undertaking that boggles the mind and where do you draw the line.

Especially when a quick listen and look will give you a better idea than words can.

Have Fun.

And for the love of god-
Did you really get through 400 presets in a few hours???

You’re a beast-
Took me a few weeks.

Keep in mind that a preset has 8 scenes, so multiply 364x8 possible different sounds... That's a lot of documentation!

Letting you know that I'm (slowly) working on an annotated list of the FM3 factory presets.

Preview:

[edited, see below]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom