Factory ir's quality

Fab8040

Experienced
Hi everybody.. I m not so expert in this area but looking at cab block of my fm3 i was impressed how many ir you can choice. But i also see lot of people still buying commercial irs.. The quality of the factory is lower than the famous releasers which anyway are also included for many models? Also now with the ultra res? Thanks

The pre-installed IRs are excellent and come from some of the top sources. I have a bunch from Celestion, OwnHammer and RedWirez, among others, but have been happy with Fractal’s choices and have only loaded three from my collection.

People have their favorite cabinets and only want those, or they don’t think the factory ones are as good, or they don’t want to dig in and explore the existing cabinets... who knows why they do what they do, but it is easy to search through them and find ones that sound great.

This helps...

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cabinet_models_list

Last edited:
..... The quality of the factory is lower than the famous releasers which anyway are also included for many models? Also now with the ultra res? Thanks

Can you please clarify what you mean by this medley of sentences?

Also does anyone know which if any cab IRs for sale on Fractal's site may be repeats in the factory selections from the Axe FX 3 and/or FM3?
Because many of those packs were made before these units came out and made for the afx 3 and other floor units.

Or are the new factory IRs totally new creations?

I did not make any sentence.. I was just asking if for example a mesa 4x12 factory cab has the same quality of a Ml or York audio for example.. I ve the fm3 so the ultra res possibility has been uploaded in the latest firmware

I was just asking if for example a mesa 4x12 factory cab has the same quality of a Ml or York audio

Read the Cabinet models list in the Wiki...

Two or three letters in the name of a factory cab indicates the creator of the IR. Stock cabs without such indication were created by Fractal Audio.

ABAustinBuddy
CELCelestion
DBDr. Bonkers
JM — Jay Mitchell (farfield IRs)
MLML Sound Lab
OHOwnHammer
RWRed Wirez
TAFThe Amp Factory
TS — Chris Traynor and James Santiago
VHValhallir.at
YAYork Audio
Some are from Fractal, others were hand-picked from well known IR creators. So, yes, they're the same quality because they're the same IRs.

I can’t speak for any other IR maker, but I think my factory IRs are ok. My new stuff is much better, but you can still get some decent tones with my factory cabs. Like doing anything we love, the more work we put into it, the better it gets, and I’ve put a lot of work into my new IRs.

I can’t speak for any other IR maker, but I think my factory IRs are ok. My new stuff is much better, but you can still get some decent tones with my factory cabs. Like doing anything we love, the more work we put into it, the better it gets, and I’ve put a lot of work into my new IRs.
That s what i was asking for..

Back
Top Bottom