Face plate Logo wearing off Axe FX lll

BC_GTR

Cleaned my Axe FX 3 Mk 2 for the first time. No sprays or anything and the logo started rubbing off. Just a suggestion, but maybe, there should have been some kind of clear coat applied to the paint to prevent this. Have to say this really sucks.

Attachments

• 20220611_153612[1].jpg
    20220611_153612[1].jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 176
Maybe fractal has a decal that would look a lot better.

Call support and see if you can remove that paint and replace it with something sharp!

I’ve cleaned my AF3 MkII with a dry cloth for years, and never had anything like that occur. Is that a tube amp staged directly underneath your AF3? Perhaps the heat generated by the tubes has exacerbated the situation? Have you already reached out to customer support at Feactal?

Actually looks like a matrix underneath. Regardless, think you might be lucky that’s all that has occurred. If in a rack, Need to get that separated from the amp by at least 2 or 3u. I run a 3u fan unit between my amps and anything else.

Last edited:
It looks like the wear is mostly horizontal scratches. Might want to check that cloth for a piece of grit.

Mine on my MK 1 unit did the same thing. I can rub on the other labels like Power, INSTR, and the Headphone logo and they don't budge. The Fractal logo smears quite easily on mine. Might have been some contamination or something on that part of the silk screening.20220611_164827.jpg

I'll slap a Fractal decal on there at some point. The unit has been flawless for years otherwise. If this is the biggest issue I'll have with it, I'll take it any day.

Last edited:
Actually looks like a matrix underneath. Regardless, think you might be lucky that’s all that has occurred. If in a rack, Need to get that separated from the amp by at least 2 or 3u. I run a 3u fan unit between my amps and anything else.
The Matrix amps produce very little heat. There's no need to separate it from the Axe Fx. A tube amp might be a different story.

I ran both my Axe Fx II for about 6 years directly above it and now the same with Axe Fx III for several years.

I’ve cleaned my AF3 MkII with a dry cloth for years, and never had anything like that occur. Is that a tube amp staged directly underneath your AF3? Perhaps the heat generated by the tubes has exacerbated the situation? Have you already reached out to customer support at Feactal?
No the Amp below the Axe is the Matrix Elements GT1000FX. Definitely not a heat issue.

It looks like the wear is mostly horizontal scratches. Might want to check that cloth for a piece of grit.
Horizontal because the surface finish is brushed. It is not scratched I use a microfiber cloth that is both clean and very soft.

Mine on my MK 1 unit did the same thing. I can rub on the other labels like Power, INSTR, and the Headphone logo and they don't budge. The Fractal logo smears quite easily on mine. Might have been some contamination or something on that part of the silk screening.View attachment 103378

I'll slap a Fractal decal on there at some point. The unit has been flawless for years otherwise. If this is the biggest issue I'll have with it, I'll take it any day.
Yep my unit rocks and have zero issues save this one with the Logo. I may create a stinsel and make it available for those who want to touch up the Logo. Shouldn't be terribly difficult.

The Matrix amps produce very little heat. There's no need to separate it from the Axe Fx. A tube amp might be a different story.

I ran both my Axe Fx II for about 6 years directly above it and now the same with Axe Fx III for several years.
Interesting, mine definitely produces heat. Nothing like a tube amp, but enough that I keep it away from my Axe.

Only been out for a year now AF3 Mk2 Got mine in March of last year after having been on the waiting list for Mk1 for 3 months. The amp below is a Matrix GT1000FX 2U No heat issues.

After some thought. Now you guys have me worried. I should probably investigate further.

Have you touched the logo with your fingers? Sweat can cause corrosion and decay.

My Logo is intact, even though I have cleaned it several times. But the '`WER label is wearing off under my empowering finger

20220612_073741.jpg

Last edited:
My front panel got scratched at a rehearsal. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I played a gig after those rehearsals and now I have a story.

Who knows, I might even take the plastic film off the display! :sunglasses:

Back
Top Bottom