• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

F*!@#$% Mozilla

iaresee

Ctrl esc : q
Is that some weird vim-emacs hybrid command thing? Would not surprise me in the least if there was a SpaceMacs plugin for using Xenforo forums right from Emacs. That's pretty much how Emacs people roll, isn't it? Never leave Emacs for any reason? :D

Last edited:

ElectricPhase

Forum Addict
Working on a new firmware and went to upload a beta to the ftp server and I can't because FireFox no longer supports FireFTP. Bastages!!!!
No joke! I have about a half dozen add-ons that I absolutely need to work that are now 'legacy' in Firefox. The add-in developers are long gone. I switched to the ESR version for now, but this is nuts!

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
Agreed. Stop using vanilla FTP - it's intrinsically insecure because the authentication credentials (passwords) are transmitted in cleartext. Use SFTP or FTPS instead.
Much use of FTP is anonymous... ;)
Also, the file network stream/transfer itself isn't encrypted in regular FTP. It's control channel can be a security problem as well. FTP is intrinsically insecure indeed; a legacy protocol/service that doesn't address a lot of modern requirements. SFTP/SCP for me these days..

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
I have about a half dozen add-ons that I absolutely need to work that are now 'legacy' in Firefox.
I held off upgrading to the latest Firefox until "NoScript" was ported to it, and that plug-in needs a complete rewrite for the GUI for the new plug-in API in FFox. it has basic functionality but is missing a lot of the old options. I can't live without "NoScript", and "uBlock Origin".

Top Bottom