F*&@#$^% Microsoft

My wife had the same issue with Outlook kept crashing 2 seconds later. it started working fine after 20 min of hearing words I had to look up in the dictionary :) Mine was fine but I ran the update first thing in the day so I do not get surprised with programs crashing. They did push an update today.

Time to switch to Mac!

Sorry - could not resist. I feel your pain - having retired from an IT/software career I often shake my head at the weird/inreliable/spammy deployments I see.

Mac's annoying lack of touch features are a deal breaker for me. That and I LOATHE the UX.

I hate Outlook Web App with a passion. Search is useless. Whenever you scroll it tries to combine messages and jumps back to the top. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Couldn't disagree more. We basically insist our end users use it because the desktop client is and always has been a giant pile of shit. OST files can eat my ass.

• Haha
Reactions: JTI
I hate Outlook Web App with a passion. Search is useless. Whenever you scroll it tries to combine messages and jumps back to the top. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
I dunno why the search is such garbage on the outlook iOS app, it doesn't work at allllll. Just search the text and return it to me damn it.

I used https://superhuman.com for three months last year as an experiment and it was the most amazing email has been for me since pine. I could not justify the price though. But daaaamn, was it amazing.

Doesn't work with outlook.com, unfortunately.

But it was amazing.

I swear I dream about it still. It made ripping through my email so much more productive.

Sigh.

Thunderbird Mac crashes multiple times per day for me, Superhuman is sweet. I've started to think about Gmail, just because its search doesn't; suck.

I gave up on email apps long ago, going with Gmail. But I'll have to check out stuff like Superhuman to see where things are in 2020. That's for personal email - I have to use Outlook at work, so it's not all roses. Since Office 365 they've at least started coming out with minor improvements, although small and slow.

Does Superhuman really do a 30-minute screenshare with you when they sign you up?

Last edited:
I archive my business email using Mailstore and have archives going back 15 years.. Mailstore allows me super fast searches even with the massive amounts of email I have stored in it - you can even dump it all on, and run it from a usb drive if you want, and it reliably backs up most email programs including outlook, livemail, etc.

...So.. When Microsoft reliably takes a header straight into the shitter - which is just a matter of time with any Microsoft product - you have access to the majority of your email until you can figure a workaround.

Since I have been using Outlook, I routinely need to restart it, just to download new email.. Been that way since Mr. Gates has been civil enough to pilfer monthly from my wallet for it...

Now, I‘m and amicable fella! But according to the historical reference below, Problems with Microsoft products seems to be as old as time..

..wouldn’t be expecting things to change anytime soon - bein’ my point. ;0)

I find Gmail quite functional. Yes it creeps me out that I see ads around the net for things I mentioned in email, but Google has their fingers in other aspects of my phone and online presence anyway. They provide services that are useful to me, for no money, so I tolerate them siphoning off some of my digital wake. It's also pretty hard to avoid.

My main personal email is from smaller provider that doesn't do that stuff, to the best of my knowledge, but it costs some money, and is way less functional.

OTOH, I work for a medical-adjacent human services non-profit, and needed to set up a remote meeting with a small group from our company and folks at a local hospital. Google Meet would have been the default, but the hospital people said "we don't use Google products". There definitely are segments of the world that don't accept pretty much anything you can think of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom