F*&@#$^% Microsoft

I work in tech support for a living and had the damndest time trying to get Office registered on my mom's computer over Team Viewer. Still no dice. They make everything overly convoluted while trying to funnel you into using as many cloud services as possible. We live in hell.

It's gotta wait for retirement - too much of my daily work requires Windows. I did the dual boot thing 10+ years ago but the performance was not great.
Yes - Dual boot is a pain, but virtual works pretty well for me (Parallels, Virtualbox ...) - Depends on what you need to run - for virtual, just make sure you have plenty of horsepower

Reactions: ESW
And this my friend is why I among others like about fractal. Because when there is a bug you guys are on top of it to fix it asap.
This is all on that clown Satya Nadella and all his rampant outsourcing. Nothing works right. Programs that used to work are crippled to try to force you to buy an "improved" version from the app store which still doesn't work as well as the original version that shipped with Windows XP/7. F*&^ him right in the eye.

I let on of my sons install Windows 10 in Bootcamp on my Mac so he could play some games on Steam...man, I had forgotten how bad windows is. what a joke. i couldn't imagine a less user-friendly/less-intuitive experience.
I just did a similar thing and I’ve had the opposite reaction. Win10 is pretty nice; certainly nicer than I remember. They have multiple desktops now which is one of those macOS features I can’t live without.

Granted all I do is play Destiny 2 with it but it does that very well.

Setting aside arguments on the root cause, running CMD or PS as administrator and then CD'ing to:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Clicktorun

And running:

OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12827.20470

Should fix it. Ran into the same issue and it's all over the net now. MS says an official "fix" is coming soon. Which I'm sure we all know will fix "everything" 😂

Reactions: ESW
I'd say "This is a good reason to use Outlook Web Access" instead of Outlook, but it sometimes has problems too- as does Gsuite.

This is what rapid incremental software development on live applications gives us. Stuff is just randomly broken at odd times and we're just supposed to live with it.

I look forward to unplugging more and more as time goes on.

I'd say "This is a good reason to use Outlook Web Access" instead of Outlook, but it sometimes has problems too- as does Gsuite.

This is what rapid incremental software development on live applications gives us. Stuff is just randomly broken at odd times and we're just supposed to live with it.

I look forward to unplugging more and more as time goes on.
I hate Outlook Web App with a passion. Search is useless. Whenever you scroll it tries to combine messages and jumps back to the top. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

I spent all morning messing with this crap. Couldn't print checks this morning so re-installed Crystal Reports the Outlook started crashing every time it opened so I thought my Crystal report install messed it up so I uninstalled it and re installed. Then did the repair steps on Outlook which did squat finally everything just started working correctly.

I go to launch Outlook and it just closes after a couple seconds. So I run the repair program and it's hung. A search online reveals that many others are having the same issue. Thanks for forcing an update on me that broke all my Office apps. Dicks.
Sorry you are having issues. I use Outlook also. Now I am afraid to log on and check my mail! 😭. Thanks for the warning. I hope you/they can get it sorted soon. Good luck! 🤞

Your punishment is firm, but fair :)
Thanks
Pauly

This is all on that clown Satya Nadella and all his rampant outsourcing. Nothing works right. Programs that used to work are crippled to try to force you to buy an "improved" version from the app store which still doesn't work as well as the original version that shipped with Windows XP/7. F*&^ him right in the eye.

Back
Top Bottom