F# lowride swing / HBE with Cab Pack 19 (Kurt) Angle

apescaleconflict

Experienced
[ UPDATED THE SONG TO WHOLE SONG NOW ]
Hey dudez! Just a test how low my LTD-SC607b can go. This is with F# but i didn't change any strings so it's .64 on the low F#. Doing pretty okay i think! :)

Song is something been stuck in my head flow-wise for a while, this is not the full song, i'll finish it at somepoint though!

Guitars are CP19 with angle lush on R and angle Attack on L

May the F#rce be with you!

Attachments

• HBE + ENGL For Fractal.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
haha That's pretty sick. LOVE IT at :36 - the super un-bend! Any chance you can post the patch?

Thanks man, sure no problem! The patch has a drive block too that i've tuned to match somewhat my protone deadhorse, but it's a bit different. Use the cab pack 19 angle attack or lush in cab block and you're there :)
Uploaded some files now!

Thanks for posting that! A few of questions:
  • Are you using just the Attack on one side and the Lush on the other, or are you blending the two with CabLab?
  • Do you have the PEQ block engaged?
  • Where do you have a the high/low cuts set on the Pro-Q2, and what frequency do you have dipped out (around 220Hz)?

Thanks for posting that! A few of questions:
  • Are you using just the Attack on one side and the Lush on the other, or are you blending the two with CabLab?
  • Do you have the PEQ block engaged?
  • Where do you have a the high/low cuts set on the Pro-Q2, and what frequency do you have dipped out (around 220Hz)?

- Attack on the R and Lush on the L, nothing else, no blends.
- HI/LO cuts are 80hz and 8000hz
- FREQ dip was 244, you got that damn close!

And yeaaahhh sorry dude there was stuff not engaged i use for lead stuff and different FX styles in songs. I updated the preset in the first thread, it now has all the blocks engaged and all the HP/LP filters i used in the song matched exactly the same. It's ready to roll! You don't have to do anything more than to choose the correct ir!
My guitar has EMG 81-7, and alder body, keep that in mind too when you fine tune it to your gear!
I'd love to hear some sample, just thow it in this thread or do a new as you please! :)

It's tuned tuned down below hell, the weakest part of the mix for sure. i have Ibanez SRF-805 with 35.5" scale on the lowest strings, it holds up there there, but normally i play mainly from G# and it does that just fine. Dingwall would do all of these for sure, but i fell in love with this while ago :) SRFF805_BKS_1P_01.png

Had to test it out. I did quick takes on a tune I was working on a while ago.

I love the smooth liquidness of this track. Somehow it sounds effortless. These descriptions make no sense. :D Well I love it. Is this the 9-string guitar? ;)

It works nice! What pickups and guitar do you have?
I love the smooth liquidness of this track. Somehow it sounds effortless. These descriptions make no sense. :D Well I love it. Is this the 9-string guitar? ;)

Thanks guys! Just using the stock, passive Cephius pickups on my Agile 9-string (specifically the bridge).

I've started playing around with putting an EQ in front of everything, basically to EQ my pickups.

Axe-Edit.png

I got the idea from Misha when talking pickups with him. AFAIK, there aren't really any commercial options for 9-string pickups. I contacted several companies, and the only one that responded was Bareknuckle who says they make a pickup specifically for the Agile 9-strings. I've held off on it as they don't have any demos. And their assurance that the pickups sound good with the guitar isn't compelling enough for me to want to part with the ~$400 they want for the pair.

Last edited:
Hey dudez! Just a test how low my LTD-SC607b can go. This is with F# but i didn't change any strings so it's .64 on the low F#. Doing pretty okay i think! :)

Song is something been stuck in my head flow-wise for a while, this is not the full song, i'll finish it at somepoint though!

Guitars are CP19 with angle lush on R and angle Attack on L

May the F#rce be with you!

Oh I forgot to comment the original clip. I love the powerful mid range and the GRIND of the djent! Just like in Brock's clip there's a certain liquid type of a feel in this IR combination. Kind of an even sustain or something? I love it! The riffs are quite powerful as well bro. Good job!

Thanks guys! Just using the stock, passive Cephius pickups on my Agile 9-string (specifically the bridge).

I've started playing around with putting an EQ in front of everything, basically to EQ my pickups.

View attachment 29435

I got the idea from Misha when talking pickups with him. AFAIK, there aren't really any commercial options for 9-string pickups. I contacted several companies, and the only one that responded was Bareknuckle who says they make a pickup specifically for the Agile 9-strings. I've held off on it as they don't have any demos. And their assurance that the pickups sound good with the guitar isn't compelling enough for me to want to part with the ~$400 they want for the pair.

Hell, i don't know if you can go too much wrong with BKP though, but i really understand your point. I've had few agiles but with different mics, what i've heard though, is that the cephius isn't too dandy pup.
I've done the eq thing too, you can get really interesting results with it and basically the drive block does that too, but you can get "clean" results with an eq that doesn't distort the signal before the amp.

Oh I forgot to comment the original clip. I love the powerful mid range and the GRIND of the djent! Just like in Brock's clip there's a certain liquid type of a feel in this IR combination. Kind of an even sustain or something? I love it! The riffs are quite powerful as well bro. Good job!

Cheers, yeah, they are complimenting each other nice for sure! And there will be a girlish clean b-section with a princess leads too so not too much of the saatananjänkhällätapethanjaviinaajuuaha -riffs

Hell, i don't know if you can go too much wrong with BKP though, but i really understand your point. I've had few agiles but with different mics, what i've heard though, is that the cephius isn't too dandy pup.
I've done the eq thing too, you can get really interesting results with it and basically the drive block does that too, but you can get "clean" results with an eq that doesn't distort the signal before the amp.

Cheers, yeah, they are complimenting each other nice for sure! And there will be a girlish clean b-section with a princess leads too so not too much of the saatananjänkhällätapethanjaviinaajuuaha -riffs
Can't wait for that bro. You know I'm a complete wuss right? :D

Back
Top Bottom