ezmix2 vs axe-fx2 take a listen!

vondano

Inspired
so, i am working on a new song and i just bought ezmix 2 for fun (was 29$ on sweetwater)

i think i prefer my ez mix damnit!

not sayin it is better than the axe-fx, i LOVE my axe-fx,

just sayin i may suck at mixing ;-(

anyway, here's the comparison!

so on the 2nd one, bass and guitar are just direct with an ezmix2 preset,

i think i need to rework my axe-fx patch...and get better at mixing ;-(

ok nevermind,

after listening a couple times, i prefer the axe-fx

:D

just my OCD getting a scare i think...

note separation is MUCH better with the axe fx! i cant hear those big chords with the ezmix2 sound!

still, it took years to dial in my axe-fx and bass (bass is still weak imo...) to fit in the mix, and minutes with ezmix2.. this is a cool product!!! i will install it on my laptop to have fun!

Out of these clips I prefer the EZMix one.

Times like these call for a reset. It's so easy to create an awesome "out of this world" good guitar sound with the Axe-Fx. You're most likely doing too much.

Can you do the same clip with just a Friedman HBE (stock settings) and a good IR? (there are good stock ones as well f.ex. one of the USA Trad ML IR's might be good for this track)

I hope you get your tone sorted out. Feels like your sound is too scooped and therefore doesn't work in a mix.

Out of these clips I prefer the EZMix one.

Times like these call for a reset. It's so easy to create an awesome "out of this world" good guitar sound with the Axe-Fx. You're most likely doing too much.

Can you do the same clip with just a Friedman HBE (stock settings) and a good IR? (there are good stock ones as well f.ex. one of the USA Trad ML IR's might be good for this track)

I hope you get your tone sorted out. Feels like your sound is too scooped and therefore doesn't work in a mix.

absolutely!

i was kind of taking a break from mixing and music in general, im trying to get back at it now!

it seems my ears need to reajust.

I think you are right, this mix does sound thin, i should just start from scratch...

in the above axe clip, i had forgotten to add the underlying guitar track that is suppose to add "body" to my sound! i redid it fast yesterday:

should've sounded like that:

that was 2 track recto with ownhammers IR (the scooped sound) , and 2 track mark IV with cab pack 7 ir (much less gain and less scooped sound on the mark)

i will try the HBE tomorrow and will post back the result!

I like the Axe Fx better by far, it's more powerful and clear, the ezmix is more muddy and oversaturated in the lows by gain structure that it makes it "grainy" Can't see any problem with the mix, maby a tad too compressed but the drive is good :)

ok, i think im getting my mojo back

this seems better:

its another part of this song... mix seems to sound more natural, and i think eveythings sits better...

fiddled with 1 or 2 thousand knobs...

bass is still a bit out of control...

Back
Top Bottom