EZdrummer 2

I don't know where I read it, but I knew that it was only compatible with Win7 and higher a while back, not that it mattered since I don't have any XP machines anymore. But after having used Win7 for a few years now I can't imagine going back to XP.....and I LOVED XP. Win7 is just a better OS all the way around. They'll have to force me to upgrade to something newer.

Actually I've been pretty lucky on the upgrade path with MS. I started with 95, waited for 98SE, then skipped ME and went to 2k, then XP, skipped Vista and went to 7. Win8 doesn't appear very appealing to me so we'll see what they have in a couple of years.

Win8 doesn't appear very appealing to me so we'll see what they have in a couple of years.

Win8.x with Start8 from Stardock is damn near what Win7 looked like. I'm running it on my Asus Ultrabook and have installed some of my music software to test it out. So far, so good, so when time comes to make the real plunge it won't be that big of a deal for me. Considering my Win7 DAW is still alive and kicking (/knocksOnWood), I'll keep using it as long as I can.

To get back on topic though...I've had to stop myself from clicking the "Buy Now" button for EZD2 a couple of times already. Again, doing my best to hold out until XLN Audio releases details on AD2. I'm hoping it has similar composition workflow. If not I've already decided to make the transition to EZD2. Worst case scenario I could use EZD2 to construct the drum midi data then drag/drop it into AD. Some kit piece assignments/updates/mapping might be needed, but no big deal.

You're angry with a company for not supporting an OS that even the development company doesn't support anymore?

Windows XP support has ended - Microsoft Windows

Honestly I can't believe MS kept supporting XP for as long as they did.

That said, Win7 is what Windows should have been all along. I completely skipped Vista on my DAW and took the plunge to Win7 x64 when my old XP system starting a downward spiral of death. Never regretted it once. It's been the most stable recording environment I've ever had on any of my systems.

Eventually I'll take the plunge to Win 8.?? x64, but not until my current DAW laptop starts failing, or my favorite music software starts requiring it.

I feel your pain, but come on man. Catch up to new new millennium. XP was released to the public 13 years ago. It's time to upgrade. :D

I know, I know...it's a real PITA to start from scratch, but ya gotta bite the bullet sometime.

Uh, no I don't. The system I have works great and I have the latest compatible and functioning versions of all my important programs (Sonar, Sound Forge, etc). I don't have a need for anything more in the performance dept so I will keep it like this.

I have always been on the cutting edge of stuff (why I bought an Ultra and then a 2) but the point you so obviously completely missed is that ToonTricks pulled a bait and switch swindle by posting the program as being compatible, promising an upgrade and now reneging on that.

If they had been kind enough to consider a refund for me since they sold the software in a misleading way I would let it slide but they have decided to be donkey dicks about it so fuck them.

Like I said, I don't give a crap if they choose not to support the software, I will make that compromise with them but not even having the ability to install it pisses me off to no end. If anyone has any ideas how I can hack the program to force xp to install it I would appreciate the insight.

Take it offline guys. Please keep it civil.

Agreed. Thanks JJ. That was getting silly. Not excluding my part either. I've had better moments. =)

80's man...rock on dude. I sincerely hope you get a resolution to your issue with TT. Sucks that EZD2 won't work for you and that you feel misled. Maybe you can find a work around to trick XP to let you install it. Maybe a reg-hack or something.

ba-dum-tish.gif

Anyone here an Addictive Drums user as well? If so, how do the kits in EZD2 sound compared to AD?

Yeah I use AD, it's really easy to preview grooves and drag them to a midi lane. Plus it sounds better than EZD1 which I used before AD, the kits EZD1 had a weird plasticky feel to them.

Got confirmation from TT that the installer only works with windows 7 so I guess I am hosed and a reg hack is likely wishful thinking but thanks for the suggestion. I may have a EZD2 license to sell (that was their proposed solution to the problem, for me to go sell their software on the open market if it doesn't work).

I understand that Addictive Drums comes on on Tuesday and that one has been guaranteed to be backwards compatible with xp and older OS's so if I like it I'll try to sell my EZD2 license and be done with the disappointment of EZD2. Perhaps I'll come out ahead if the EZD drums sound plasticky as Andrew says so this may all end up being a blessing in disguise.

If anyone has the skills to force xp to recognize a windows 7 program installer (if it's even possible) I will gladly pay $50 if you can help me get EZD2 working on my current system.

Last edited:
I bought EZD2 yesterday. I like the new workflow, that it offers. Tap search is cool, but i feel that it's hard to get the timing for the hits right. Might be just me? My favorite feature is the "song creator", where you add one of the grooves and then the program matches all the song parts for the drums for you to choose. It's fun just to create some quick, random drum parts together and jam over it and start building ideas and a song.

Does anyone have a guide for getting a Korg nanoPAD set up to work with EZD2? The manual is more of a brochure and the thread I posted over on Toontrack was shitcanned almost immediately.

Did your Nanopad work before you loaded EZD2?

Never tried it before. It's just been sitting in a drawer. It plugs in, lights up. The touchpad seems to control hi-hat. I'm not trying to troubleshoot a problem I'm looking for someone that knows how to get it set it up initially. I don't understand how this stuff works.

Not an expert on setting up MIDI stuff, but make sure that you have the MIDI port of the controller selected in the Settings->Audio/MIDI Setup dialog. Because you did get some control you are probably fine.

While in there go ahead and check ASIO if you have the capability; that should clear up latency issues if you are having them.

The next part is a combination of trial and error. Go to the Menu (far right) and select E-Drum ->Manufacturer and see if you get lucky switching between them. You should at least get some more hits by changing things up.

If you can't get something that works completely for you then you'll have to map your own notes to the controller. I don't know how to do it with the NanoPad, but the keymaps for each drumset are in the Menu->Sound Libraries->(drumset name)->MIDI Layout.

Back
Top Bottom