EZdrummer 2

I have BFD 3 atm, and I love it. I've found it much easier to generate good tracks using MIDI grooves that I did with Superior Drummer. Just different ways of working I guess.
I agree, but EZ Drummer 2 takes this part of it to a whole new level. Only did one song with it this morning and it was so ridiculously easy, even for the first time. Need to watch some of these videos floating around and really figure out how to use some of these new tools. Glad I went ahead and preordered the upgrade.

Anyone here an Addictive Drums user as well? If so, how do the kits in EZD2 sound compared to AD?

I'm on the fence here. Trying to hold off until I know more about AD2 next week, but it's getting really difficult. EZD2 looks like what I've been needing. I love AD, but I'd be lying if I said it was the easiest thing to use. AD combined with JamStix is pretty powerful, but learning curve and project setup is really daunting at times. Ola's EZD2 demo is pretty close to my workflow. Create guitar parts, find drum loops/AD kits/patterns, arrange, add bass and other instruments, mix. This looks like it would compliment my workflow very well.

EJ - thank you for the head's up! Didn't realize the system wasn't up and running yet. I have our web designer looking into it now. Rest assured your e-mail has not been phished or anything like that. I'll let you know once it's fixed. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks Brock. Looking forward to the vids. They may help me with my decision to buy or wait on AD2 next week.

Does anyone know if EZD2 is 16 bit or 24 bit? I initially went for SD2 largely because is was 24 bit, and EZD1 was 16 bit. Thanks!

Last edited:
What I didn't like with the first EZD is that the basic kit and the drumkit from hell kit sounded way too thin, are there better sounds with EZD2, or another separately purchasable kit ?

What I didn't like with the first EZD is that the basic kit and the drumkit from hell kit sounded way too thin, are there better sounds with EZD2, or another separately purchasable kit ?
I think the included libraries offer a wider variety of sounds compared to the original. That said, you can use any of the EZdrummer add-on packs with it EZD2. You can check out some of the included kits in the promo videos I did (see my first post in this thread).

So, I sat down to write my review the other day and my internet was down.... And still is! Arrrggghhh!

Everything that Andy (Shasha) is bang in the money. I have SSD4 and SD2, so dragging the MIDI over from EZD2 to use with either of them appeals to me massively.

It's so easy to make a useable beat in EZD2. The song creator is a breeze to use and creates an infinite number of beat possibilities with a section to change the beat criteria, such as time signature, style and tempo etc.

Thoroughly enjoying this purchase and the sounds are very good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up to SD2 users (like me) that mistakenly think they also have EZdrummer as part of SD2...you don't. You have EZplayer which is not the same. Bought the upgrade on Sweetwater thinking I was all set and when I went to Toontracks site with the serial number I discovered I was a moron. Actually, I already knew that, this just confirmed it. Apparently there are a bunch of folks who did the same thing and Sweetwater is busy sorting us out with some sort of solution coming next week. You need to buy the full EZdrummer 2 program if you have SD.

Reactions: Sax
Just a heads up to SD2 users (like me) that mistakenly think they also have EZdrummer as part of SD2...you don't. You have EZplayer which is not the same. Bought the upgrade on Sweetwater thinking I was all set and when I went to Toontracks site with the serial number I discovered I was a moron. Actually, I already knew that, this just confirmed it. Apparently there are a bunch of folks who did the same thing and Sweetwater is busy sorting us out with some sort of solution coming next week. You need to buy the full EZdrummer 2 program if you have SD.

Me to.. and i live in norway,haha

Yeah, if you have time to watch the videos they posted prior to the release (it was a weekly series) they kind of touched on the differences between the two apps and they are very different in how they get from A to B. EZDrummer2 is just that....the fastest and easiest way to get a drum track from beginning to final product and that includes the mixing. SD is for the guy who needs to have more flexibility and control at the nuts and bolts level. You have loops and stuff to choose from and can put any MIDI file in there, but it's not a creation tool like EZD2 is. Basically you need to know what you are doing to take advantage of it's feature set.

Now getting back to the mixing part because it is interesting. EZD2 has preconfigured mixes out of the box which puts effects on the mixer strip for you and gives you very basic controls. The cool part is that things like reverb may effect the entire kit, but there could be EQ strips that only effect certain pieces of the kit. The bad thing is that it kind of restricts you....but that isn't necessarily bad because it simplifies it and it does work. The good news is that you can set it up for multichannel output and then put whatever plugin you want on each piece of the kit or use the busses in your DAW much like SD does.

But the creation workflow is unique to EZD2 and I believe that their intent is to have two separate applications that can work hand in hand. With that said who really knows what SD3 is going to look like; it may have all the same features and then some.

Hands down the best workflow for programming drum that I've used. There updated search function is just out of this world and they make programming percussion (shaker, tamborine, etc a snap). I'll probably still use SD2 for the final products, but programming in EZ drummer 2 is the way to go.

How would I get drum tracks into presonus ie. Do these work together somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the product looks great but those pricks at "ToonTricks" pulled a fast one on every single one of us that still runs our DAW's on XP. They sold EZD1 and promised an upgrade to 2 posting specs that said it worked with XP and then just a day or two ago changed that once they got all their preorders in. If you have XP DO NOT BUY EZDrummer 2 because you are fucked!

I have fired off a nasty note to them and they responded telling me that they won't give me a refund and for me to sell it on the open market. This is pure bullshit and they know it. Looks like I will have to fight this with my credit card company. I don't give a shit if they don't support the software, just that I can install it.

Yeah the product looks great but those pricks at "ToonTricks" pulled a fast one on every single one of us that still runs our DAW's on XP.

You're angry with a company for not supporting an OS that even the development company doesn't support anymore?

Windows XP support has ended - Microsoft Windows

Honestly I can't believe MS kept supporting XP for as long as they did.

That said, Win7 is what Windows should have been all along. I completely skipped Vista on my DAW and took the plunge to Win7 x64 when my old XP system starting a downward spiral of death. Never regretted it once. It's been the most stable recording environment I've ever had on any of my systems.

Eventually I'll take the plunge to Win 8.?? x64, but not until my current DAW laptop starts failing, or my favorite music software starts requiring it.

I feel your pain, but come on man. Catch up to new new millennium. XP was released to the public 13 years ago. It's time to upgrade. :D

I know, I know...it's a real PITA to start from scratch, but ya gotta bite the bullet sometime.

Back
Top Bottom