EZ drummer II expansions? which ones are good?

Are you using the DevelopDevice presets with EZD3?

Based on the info on there website, I'm not sure which, if any, of their presets work with EZD3. I sent an email to them, but their reply was unhelpful. Perhaps something was lost in translation.
I wrote the email. Develop Device is all one person - me. I hope I'm not saying anything secret when I share the full text of the email I sent you.

"Hi there,

EZD3 and SD3 are diametrically opposed. SD3 is more advanced than EZD3 in many ways. Presets that are mixed inside SD3 (I offer most of those) will in no way work in EZD3.
I have described each product thoroughly so you can learn what the requirements are to make everything work smoothly.

Have a nice day
Jaro"

I always try to help as best I can. I honestly don't know what other answer you were expecting to your question. Approximately 8,000 customers who have already purchased from me understand the product descriptions I have made. In any case, if you have any idea how to improve it, I am very happy for any suggestion.

Sincerely.

Last edited:

Based on the info on there website, I'm not sure which, if any, of their presets work with EZD3. I sent an email to them, but their reply was unhelpful. Perhaps something was lost in translation.
Its the core Library for EZD3 and might still have coupon 2 for the price of 1

I am not. I either program or use midi from one of the Toontrack midi packs. I changed the snare to the “mapex warbird and the kick to the “Tama Sound Lab Project” within the Modern Metal Big and Beefy kit.

Last edited:
I wrote the email. Develop Device is all one person - me. I hope I'm not saying anything secret when I share the full text of the email I sent you.

"Hi Eric,

EZD3 and SD3 are diametrically opposed. SD3 is more advanced than EZD3 in many ways. Presets that are mixed inside SD3 (I offer most of those) will in no way work in EZD3.
I have described each product thoroughly so you can learn what the requirements are to make everything work smoothly.

Have a nice day
Jaro"

I always try to help as best I can. I honestly don't know what other answer you were expecting to your question. Approximately 8,000 customers who have already purchased from me understand the product descriptions I have made. In any case, if you have any idea how to improve it, I am very happy for any suggestion.

Sincerely.
I'm interested in purchasing DevelopDevice presets, but since refunds aren't allowed (not an unreasonable policy), it's important to be sure of compatibility.

I appreciate that you're a one-person business - I think that's awesome.

To me, the website's descriptions aren't clear regarding what's needed to use the presets. Maybe it's just me.

Here's an example: https://developdevice.com/collections/superior-drummer-3-presets/products/ezd3-core-kit

Even though the title is "EZd3 Core Kit", I can't tell from the description, with certainty, what's required for it's use. It kinda seems like SD3 and EZD3 are both required, but that it only works with SD3.

When using the website's menu to choose "EZ Drummer 3", only DAW-specific multi-out templates are listed, no presets.

You have a LOT of presets listed on your website (cool!). I've heard great things about your presets on this forum, so I wanted to check them out.

Last edited:
I am not. I either program or use midi from one of the Toontrack midi packs. I changed the snare to the “mapex warbird and the kick to the “Tama Sound Lab Project” within the Modern Metal Big and Beefy kit.
Good tip - thanks!

Good tip - thanks!
Yeah. Personally I don’t think you need any 3rd party presets. Toontrack gives you all you need. Having said that, all of my v2 expansion and midi packs work with EZD 3 so I would guess other presets would as well. All I had to do with my EZD 2 presets was to copy them to the appropriate EZD 3 dir and they worked.

I'm interested in purchasing DevelopDevice presets, but since refunds aren't allowed (not an unreasonable policy), it's important to be sure of compatibility.

I appreciate that you're a one-person business - I think that's awesome.

To me, the website's descriptions aren't clear regarding what's needed to use the presets. Maybe it's just me.

Here's an example: https://developdevice.com/collections/superior-drummer-3-presets/products/ezd3-core-kit

Even though the title is "EZd3 Core Kit", I can't tell from the description, with certainty, what's required for it's use. It kinda seems like SD3 and EZD3 are both required, but that it only works with SD3.

When using the website's menu to choose "EZ Drummer 3", only DAW-specific multi-out templates are listed, no presets.

You have a LOT of presets listed on your website (cool!). I've heard great things about your presets on this forum, so I wanted to check them out.
Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it! In any case, unfortunately, just reading the product title is usually not enough. Not just on my website, I think. I always list compatibility and requirements information in detail in the product description to make it clear to everyone.

If I take the example of the "EZd3 Core Kit" preset - I state several times in the description that it is an SD3 preset and also that I mixed the preset 100% inside the SD3 plug-in. This clearly shows that it will not work in the EZD3 plug-in. If the customer doesn't understand this, I can't even recommend them to buy my products. My products do not serve as a beginner's guide. Rather, I target them at people who understand the basic principles and know the software/hardware they are working with. I understand that not everyone is a seasoned expert, but if a person purchases my products and doesn't know much about what they are doing, they can easily get lost and frustration sets in. I don't mean that in any offensive way. I am simply speaking straight after many years of experience and communication with my customers.

Yeah. Personally I don’t think you need any 3rd party presets. Toontrack gives you all you need. Having said that, all of my v2 expansion and midi packs work with EZD 3 so I would guess other presets would as well. All I had to do with my EZD 2 presets was to copy them to the appropriate EZD 3 dir and they worked.
Yeah, I think I'll spend some time with EZD3 core before adding expansions.

I'm also using the v2 expansions I already have. I didn't even need to copy the to another directory.

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it! In any case, unfortunately, just reading the product title is usually not enough. Not just on my website, I think. I always list compatibility and requirements information in detail in the product description to make it clear to everyone.

If I take the example of the "EZd3 Core Kit" preset - I state several times in the description that it is an SD3 preset and also that I mixed the preset 100% inside the SD3 plug-in. This clearly shows that it will not work in the EZD3 plug-in. If the customer doesn't understand this, I can't even recommend them to buy my products. My products do not serve as a beginner's guide. Rather, I target them at people who understand the basic principles and know the software/hardware they are working with. I understand that not everyone is a seasoned expert, but if a person purchases my products and doesn't know much about what they are doing, they can easily get lost and frustration sets in. I don't mean that in any offensive way. I am simply speaking straight after many years of experience and communication with my customers.
I agree, just going by a title isn't enough with many products.

I'm not a beginner with this, I'm just not familiar with your products or website.

I'll ask my question in a different way:

Do you offer any presets for Toontrack EZdrummer 3?

If so, what's the easiest way to find these on your website ?

Asking because you offer a LOT of Toontrack drum-related products and clicking on each one and reading the descriptions would take a long time.

I agree, just going by a title isn't enough with many products.

I'm not a beginner with this, I'm just not familiar with your products or website.

I'll ask my question in a different way:

Do you offer any presets for Toontrack EZdrummer 3?

If so, what's the easiest way to find these on your website ?

Asking because you offer a LOT of Toontrack drum-related products and clicking on each one and reading the descriptions would take a long time.
Try the "Search" icon at the top of the menu. This is the fastest way to find the product you are looking for. Just type in "EZdrummer 3" and all relevant products will appear. The search is full-text, so it goes through all the text, not just the headings. I don't offer "presets" for EZD3, only templates for DAWs. As you probably know, EZD3, unlike SD3, does not include a complex integrated mixer, so it is impossible to make a complex preset that works on its own.

Here are the templates I am offering at the moment https://developdevice.com/collections/ezdrummer-3-templates

Try the "Search" icon at the top of the menu. This is the fastest way to find the product you are looking for. Just type in "EZdrummer 3" and all relevant products will appear. The search is full-text, so it goes through all the text, not just the headings. I don't offer "presets" for EZD3, only templates for DAWs. As you probably know, EZD3, unlike SD3, does not include a complex integrated mixer, so it is impossible to make a complex preset that works on its own.

Here are the templates I am offering at the moment https://developdevice.com/collections/ezdrummer-3-templates
Thank you! That answers my question I sent to your website: “I have EZ Drummer 3. Which of your DrumsCraft presets will work with EZD3?”

Just found the Stacks folder in EZdrummer 3, seems pretty cool if you change to all instruments it gives you access to all kit pieces instead of select few

One of the great features for me with EZD3 is to replace instruments of my EZX-Packs, so you can build your custom kit and it still sound as recorded in the same room. That is really nice.....

I do miss the function where you highlight the drum and can set volume in the right corner, but the mixer can do that if need be..

This is an old thread, but I wanted to add that I have Superior Drummer, and I've bought most of the expansions that would be useful for metal and rock... and yet I still prefer opening up Metal Machine to get things done. The Tama is my favorite drum set and the pop that's added to it is great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom