EZ drummer II expansions? which ones are good?

Toontracks has pretty good demo tracks you can listen to on their website, but I have the Progressive EZX and I'm happy with it. Metalesque is a favorite preset of mine. I probably use Metal! and Metal Machine more than Progressive though, so I also recommend those.

Singer-Songwriter EZX is my favorite - very organic drums....

Have a listen to the Duality I and II EZX.

I'm also getting good use out of the Gospel and Singer-Songwriter EZX.

I try not to get hung-up on the names of the EZX and just listen to the demos' sound and not what's being played. Just as I would with a guitar ... not think "a telecaster is only good for country music". It all depends on what you plug into and how you play. A Tele can twang or chug.

Last edited:
Whichever one has the Starclassic Bubinga kit in it, I think it’s the Metal Machine but I’ll have to double check when I get home. Starclassics have always been my favorite kits (thanks to Portnoy) and they did a great job with that EZX. I use SD3, but you can load all their expansions into it and then build a custom kit from them all. Mixing a Ludwig Black Beauty with a Tama Bell Brass snare….mmmmmmm that’s some good stuff.

The answer to this question depends on whether or not you want to sound like everyone else.
I bet you could make a killer metal track even out of something like the "INDIE FOLK" EZX.

This would actually work I bet....btw. you made me buying Toontrack back in 2004 with your song "Just not Christmas" ;) Still like it until today

Just got the cross grade EZDrummer 3 for 99 and worth it, the Bandmate function and Mixer are good tools for what I do
yepp, upgraded too.....nice "thight" drumkit...love it. Got it on my mac mini @ home while the studio PC (WIN10) uses Superior 3.0 and Rooms of Hansa (where I love their Vocal Booth kit).....I have a crush for thight 70s warm sounding drum kits...... great update!

Modern Metal is a great kit and crosses more genres than the name implies. I use it on just about everything. I like tight kits and non tubby kicks. This kit suits the bill for me.

Modern Metal is a great kit and crosses more genres than the name implies. I use it on just about everything. I like tight kits and non tubby kicks. This kit suits the bill for me.
Are you using the DevelopDevice presets with EZD3?

Based on the info on there website, I'm not sure which, if any, of their presets work with EZD3. I sent an email to them, but their reply was unhelpful. Perhaps something was lost in translation.

I have the EZD3 2 for 1 with code and shit loads of his Axe 3 Guitar presets that I love, let me know what your looking for and I can steer you
Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on that. First, I really should spend some time with EZD3's core drums to get a good idea of what else I may be wanting.

Back
Top Bottom