Wish Extremely Useful PEQ Feature

I posted this 'wish' about 9 years ago in the legacy Axe-Edit forum and thought I'd re-post in Axe-Edit III to possibly regenerate interest:

Back in my Line6 Pod days (the original red bean), one of the earlier downloadable editors had one of the most useful tone-shaping features I've used. For the PEQ, the user could use the graphical frequency display to dynamically adjust both the FREQ and GAIN parameters in real-time. Essentially, (I think the POD had a single 4-band PEQ if I remember correctly) on the line graph that represented each of the PEQ bands, you could hit your favorite chord or note (or use Looper in today's world) and then use the mouse to grab a dot on the graph and essentially move it anywhere you wanted on the audio spectrum and hear your tone changing on the fly in real time. I think you still had to manually adjust the Q, but because the PEQ can be such a powerful tone-shaping tool, this technique and feature made it extremely easy to dial-in tones-to-taste very quickly and precisely without trial-and-error manually adjusting frequency and gain separately. I would give my right arm (or leg, rather, in this instance) to see this feature incorporated into Axe-Edit III!

I posted this 'wish' about 9 years ago in the legacy Axe-Edit forum and thought I'd re-post in Axe-Edit III to possibly regenerate interest:

Back in my Line6 Pod days (the original red bean), one of the earlier downloadable editors had one of the most useful tone-shaping features I've used. For the PEQ, the user could use the graphical frequency display to dynamically adjust both the FREQ and GAIN parameters in real-time. Essentially, (I think the POD had a single 4-band PEQ if I remember correctly) on the line graph that represented each of the PEQ bands, you could hit your favorite chord or note (or use Looper in today's world) and then use the mouse to grab a dot on the graph and essentially move it anywhere you wanted on the audio spectrum and hear your tone changing on the fly in real time. I think you still had to manually adjust the Q, but because the PEQ can be such a powerful tone-shaping tool, this technique and feature made it extremely easy to dial-in tones-to-taste very quickly and precisely without trial-and-error manually adjusting frequency and gain separately. I would give my right arm (or leg, rather, in this instance) to see this feature incorporated into Axe-Edit III!
+1 - the EQ in Logic Pro X has this, and it is incredibly handy to be able to drag the dot around to adjust the gain/freq of the filter.

f5f43fa04aaf26ae2c81686872bca9a0--sewing-humor-star-trek-voyager.jpg

+1 as I too find it a useful tool in Logic Pro, and would love to see this wish implemented! 👍

Back
Top Bottom