Extreme Microphonic Noise?

sighborg

Hey guys, Im noticing my AX8 is very responsive in an almost unnatural way, I never seem to have picked up this much noise even when i'm plugged into my tube amp (Marshall JVM) or through my friends Axe Fx II. It almost responds like a microphone inside the input, I understand a noise gate could help clean this up, but i'm just curious if this normal in the AX8?

I attached a clip of me lightly tapping on the headstock and body of the guitar. I've tested 5 guitars and different speakers and cables to make sure it was an issue with my input source.

Could someone please shed some light on this? Thank you.

That's just a product of high gain and your guitar. Pickups are more or less microphonic, add enough gain, and they become mics. Non wax potted pickups are worse in this regard.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like your springs are vibrating. Try sliding some rolled up toilet paper in the springs...or just lay a couple flat squares of TP inside the rear cavity over top the springs. That's how Steve Vai does it

That's just a product of high gain and your guitar. Pickups are more or less microphonic, add enough gain, and they become mics. Non wax potted pickups are worse in this regard.
That was no squeeling from pickups. That´s just normal vibrations from the body and springs. Nothing wrong with the AX8. It ampifies whatever comes in. You can´t wax-pot-away body-vibrations, and you wouldn´t want to either.

Back
Top Bottom