EXTMFC setup = external switches?

flash6969

Inspired
Hi all,

Managed to find a EXTMFC unti - its a 4 switch unit & I can NOT seems to get it working! Lets start simple - trying to get button #4 to swicth on/off/bypass a Formant block.

I know formant bypass is CC #58. I've set the MFC XS4 to #58, type is 'toggle', Off is 000, on is 127.

Have i missed something in the Axe? I've seen posts about "EXTERNAL 1-6' in the 'source' menu??

Help me Obi Wan Kinobi, you're my only hope!

That sounds right to me, although I have not configured any external switches on my MFC for quite a while. Do you see the Axe Fx midi light flash when you press the button?

So I'm trying this differently now.
EXT4 in the Axe is assigned to CC19. Perhaps if I assign pedal 4 to #19 & then assign the bypass controller to EXT4??

Thoughts

that is how I would do it. Is this one of roadrunners switch boxes? Are you using trs cables to connect the switches? if the switches aren't connected properly they sure wont work right.

Ok. Thanks for the help so far - making progress. EA1 is now working - as a momentary switch!! Everything I've tried to make it 'toggle' doesn't appear to work. MFC setup menu is set to 'toggle'.
I step on the pedal & the effect comes on; when I release the pedal the effects turns off.
I'm sure this is something to do with on/off midi values but everything is setup the same as any other IA switch. Aaaaaah!
atslf8.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

I thought the EXTMFC switches were momentary. Try setting Type to Momentary.

I thought the EXTMFC switches were momentary. Try setting Type to Momentary.

As I said, I need toggle/latching. The 'toggle' selection in the MFC edit menu is meant to make momentary into toggle.

Chapter 8.2 states "toggle" -
Use this setting if you want a connected MOMENTARY switch to behave as if it were really a TOGGLE/LATCHING switch.

You're a genius Rex! I thought about my statement 'I've selected toggle in all the menus' & went back to the setup menu. And changed it to be 'momentary'. And now it works!

So what I've deduced is this; the setup menu sets the input switch type. In my case it's momentary.
In the midi menu of the MFC is where you set the switch behavior type; in this case 'toggle'.

Thanks everyone (especially Rex)

Your final result as @Rex posted was what I was thinking as I was reading down through the first couple of posts. This does get confusing in the mfc setting it up for your switch type, and how you want it to function. here the manual is very helpful and important. Glad you now have it working.

You're a genius Rex! I thought about my statement 'I've selected toggle in all the menus' & went back to the setup menu. And changed it to be 'momentary'. And now it works!

So what I've deduced is this; the setup menu sets the input switch type. In my case it's momentary.
In the midi menu of the MFC is where you set the switch behavior type; in this case 'toggle'.

Thanks everyone (especially Rex)
You have sussed it correctly, my brother. I'm glad it's all worked out. Now go and have fun!

Hi all,

Managed to find a EXTMFC unti - its a 4 switch unit & I can NOT seems to get it working! Lets start simple - trying to get button #4 to swicth on/off/bypass a Formant block.

I know formant bypass is CC #58. I've set the MFC XS4 to #58, type is 'toggle', Off is 000, on is 127.

Have i missed something in the Axe? I've seen posts about "EXTERNAL 1-6' in the 'source' menu??

Help me Obi Wan Kinobi, you're my only hope!
Where do you buy a EXTMFC?

Back
Top Bottom