External switches? What are you using?

svl

Power User
I'm looking for a dual external switch (latching) to hook into the MFC (going to use 'em for scenes).

Who's using what? I want as small a footprint as I can get, LEDs (battery op) if possible.

The ideal would be like the Mission TT switch, but with two in one unit (and the same size as two side by side) and LEDs.

Has anyone used these(no LED but perfect size)- Mini Dual Latching Footswitch, Loopi Pedals

What about- Tone Jones Handmade Guitar Pedals | Dual LED Amplifier Switcher

Or worst case scenario (because of the size) this- Amazon.com: Rocktron Velocity Double Footswitch for Velocity and Bass Amps: Musical Instruments

It does look interesting. Still hoping for latching and LEDs... and not sure what I'd do with the expression knob....

Yep, FS6. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't really velcro it down on your board because it needs a battery that you have to be able to get to the back to change it... and that you have to unplug it or the battery will drain. Works great otherwise!

Yep, your expansion is what set me on the trail (and why I asked you about LEDs in future builds).

Looked at the FS6 & the Behringer, hoping for smaller footprint.

Trouble with using external switches of 'latching type' is that they retain their state when switching presets.
Depending on how you want to use them, 'momentary' switches may be the better choice. The FS6 does both.

Trouble with using external switches of 'latching type' is that they retain their state when switching presets.
Depending on how you want to use them, 'momentary' switches may be the better choice.

Exactly!
That was one of the guidelines for me when I designed the EXT.
When using momentary switches you can define it in the MFC for momentary OR latch.
Using latch cannot be defined as momentary.

After MUCH research and reading, I now see the folly of my ways and will go momentary. :) Many thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom