External Switches on FM9, Pedal 3 used with button en lieu of pedal. Question....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
The hold does not work when doing this. I have the single press working, but I have the hold set to do something and it does not do that. Advice?

Check the polarity of the switch in the SETUP menu. If the polarity is reversed, the Hold function will not work.

Are you using Normally Closed or Normally Open switches?

There's something wonky when using Normally Closed with jacks 2 and 3. You can't get both Tap and Hold to work correctly.

It works fine with jack 1 or Normally Open switches.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...h-behavior-with-tap-hold.177734/#post-2164877

Fractal has yet to confirm this, nor any one of the private beta testers. Same issue is still there in 2.0 beta, I think.

Are you using Normally Closed or Normally Open switches?

There's something wonky when using Normally Closed with jacks 2 and 3. You can't get both Tap and Hold to work correctly.

It works fine with jack 1 or Normally Open switches.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...h-behavior-with-tap-hold.177734/#post-2164877

Fractal has yet to confirm this, nor any one of the private beta testers. Same issue is still there in 2.0 beta, I think.
So I'm probably not F'n bonkers then! I quadruple checked and was like, what? Thanks for possible end to my madness .....for now at least!

So I'm probably not F'n bonkers then! I quadruple checked and was like, what? Thanks for possible end to my madness .....for now at least!
Trust me... I went thru that madness. I was super confused.

I also wired my own switches and the first time made a mistake and they weren't working at all. After rewiring they worked fine until I tried to do this... So I suspected user error but I was able to rule that out. I also happened to have a switch already that turned out to be Normally Open and it works fine.

Trust me... I went thru that madness. I was super confused.

Me too. I might have been the first ir second to post about it.

I also wired my own switches and the first time made a mistake and they weren't working at all. After rewiring they worked fine until I tried to do this... So I suspected user error but I was able to rule that out. I also happened to have a switch already that turned out to be Normally Open and it works fine.

I was able to get mine to work with the dual Mosky switches, which are normally-open. Not sure about the hold functions on them, though, as I usually only use them on switches where timing is not critical, such as bank switches, tuner switches, etc., that you don't generally use while playing....

Back
Top Bottom