External Switch to operate like IA

Jason King

I've worked out how to set up my Ext switch to turn boost on and of on an amp.

However I'd like to know how to make the external switch become another Instant Access Button. Specifically for now toggle between X/Y on AMP 1 for starters.

Getting very lost!!!

It would be just like the boost switch, except CC# should be the CC# for Amp 1 XY.

Note that scene changes will still affect amp XY state as usual, and (unlike onboard IAs) the external switch won't update automatically. It's possible you'd need to press the switch twice to change XY state after a scene change.

Jason King, I'll share with you below how to use external momentary switch plugged into the back of the MFC101 to change X/Y states of the Amp(s) (I figured this out tonight)... However, what I was trying to do, is what you seemed to already figured out.. You stated above that you figured out how to set up your Ext switch to turn boost on and off for an amp, I'm specifically trying to do it for the "amp boost" feature. In any case, here's how you do what you want to do: XS1, use CC# 100 for amp 1 X/y (also change to momentary> and XS2 change to momemtary and use CC#101 for amp 2 X/Y states.

I think in order to do what I'm trying to do, I need to figure out how to make the XS3 external momentary switch out the back of the MFc-101 to be recognized as an external controller, then I can use it as a modifier on the "Amp Boost" parameter.. however, I'm too stupid to figure this out - ha ha .. oh well.

Back
Top Bottom