External Switch, IA's, MFC, LED's, setup questions

wake911

Experienced
So lets say i plug in an external switch to my MFC and it is switch 1. I want it to turn on the GEQ-1 in my Axe-II. Are these basic steps correct? Pretty confident here.

1. plug in switch to mfc
2. set-up switch in mfc to a specific CC#
3. insure my patches have GEQ-1 in them in the Axe.
4. set the GEQ-1 bypass to the specified CC# in step 2.

Now, that should be right in how to set it up, and pretty straight forward really.

but the question arises like this. I'm in my dirty patch. I hit the GEQ-1 ext switch button as my boost, and when done soloing, want to go to my clean patch for the verse, so click that on my MFC. My GEQ shouldn't still be active in the new patch, since it is saved as bypassed in the clean patch right? Even though the switch hasn't physically been turned off.

Which leads us to this. I have an LED on my external switch. I'm guessing the LED will not turn off in this case, since it's connected to a toggle switch with no brains to know "Oh, i just got turned off by software" Will i be able to just click once to turn the GEQ-1 back on, or will it take a stomp to turn off, and then another stomp to turn it on. If each click will toggle the bypass mode no matter what, i should just remove my LED since it might just confuse me.
(the switch is a 3DPT switch if that means anything)

Just thinking about this while at work, and won't be home until late tonight, so thought I'd brainstorm here. And it might help someone else out too if they have the question ever. Tried to make the Title good for searches.

Great question! I would like to know the answer to this as well. I want to do exactly the same thing.

Roger

Back
Top Bottom