External Switch Help

bread

Power User
I'm trying to assign an external latching footswich (Bright Onion) to a filter block so it will act as a dedicated boost across all scenes. I've assigned the switch in Layout 9 as a Stand-In Switch (Effect Block - Filter in bypass mode) and included the block in the layout of my preset.

My problem is twofold

1. When I depress the switch the bypass mode of the effect block comes on when the light on the footswitch is off (and vice versa)
2. Can the light on the footswitch be dependent on the bypass state of the block (both on = light on, both off = light off).

Have you tried reversing the polarity of the switch? On the Axe III, go to Setup>FC Controllers>Remote, scroll down to get to the external switches.
You can also go into the Modifier page and try reversing the Min and Max settings (from Min=off, Max=on to Min=on, Max=off).

Have you tried reversing the polarity of the switch? On the Axe III, go to Setup>FC Controllers>Remote, scroll down to get to the external switches.
You can also go into the Modifier page and try reversing the Min and Max settings (from Min=off, Max=on to Min=on, Max=off).

I'll give that a go

Thank you

I'm trying to assign an external latching footswich (Bright Onion) to a filter block so it will act as a dedicated boost across all scenes. I've assigned the switch in Layout 9 as a Stand-In Switch (Effect Block - Filter in bypass mode) and included the block in the layout of my preset.

My problem is twofold

1. When I depress the switch the bypass mode of the effect block comes on when the light on the footswitch is off (and vice versa)
2. Can the light on the footswitch be dependent on the bypass state of the block (both on = light on, both off = light off).
Switch polarity should solve issue #1...

There is no way to solve #2. The switch can't "know" the state of anything in your preset.

Also, have you tested that it stays on when you change scenes? I think you'd want to define a Control Switch for this instead.

Using a Control Switch with things properly setup the state can persist across scene or even preset changes.

Thanks both.

I have this set up as a control switch now with the polarity reversed and its all working fine now- thank you.

I guess I can live with the light issue- if I leave the switch on and the preset changes I just need to switch it back off again

Back
Top Bottom