External switch as Scene 4 selector for all Presets

Taco

Hi guys,

Sorry to bug you, but I'm stuck.

I'm an extremely happy user of Austin Buddy's Live Pack Gold (which I can only strongly recommend to everybody), but up to now I haven't been able to configure my FM3 for a "one press Scene 4 selection" (either to use directly with AB's presets, but also for my own song sets).

I always use Scene mode (Layout 2), but very often I need 4 scenes in my songs.

With the 3 FM3 internal switches I have direct access to scenes 1, 2 & 3, but I'd like to configure my external Switch to always directly access Scene 4 for every preset.

I've been able to program/configure it to put effects or Switches (e.g. Amp Input Boost) on and off ... I've been able to configure it to do Scene + or Scene -, but not to directly access scene 4.

I've been trying to use the "Stand In" switch config and midi CCs, but hardly enough without any success.

Is what I'm looking for possible ? And if so, would anybody be able to help me to achieve this ?

Thanks and have a nice day/eve,

Taco

Assuming you have not made any edits to the button assignments in Layout 2, on the hardware configure your stand-in switch (either FM3 SW 1 TIP or FM3 SW 2 TIP) to access Layout 2, Switch 4. That should do it.

Easy to do with midi. I do this with my Airstep pedal. First, in FM3 Setup, choose a CC# for Scene Change. I use CC#100. Then send CC#100 with a Value = 3.

Hi guys,

Sorry to bug you, but I'm stuck.

I'm an extremely happy user of Austin Buddy's Live Pack Gold (which I can only strongly recommend to everybody), but up to now I haven't been able to configure my FM3 for a "one press Scene 4 selection" (either to use directly with AB's presets, but also for my own song sets).

I always use Scene mode (Layout 2), but very often I need 4 scenes in my songs.

With the 3 FM3 internal switches I have direct access to scenes 1, 2 & 3, but I'd like to configure my external Switch to always directly access Scene 4 for every preset.

I've been able to program/configure it to put effects or Switches (e.g. Amp Input Boost) on and off ... I've been able to configure it to do Scene + or Scene -, but not to directly access scene 4.

I've been trying to use the "Stand In" switch config and midi CCs, but hardly enough without any success.

Is what I'm looking for possible ? And if so, would anybody be able to help me to achieve this ?

Thanks and have a nice day/eve,

Taco

The other thing you could do, is set your 3 scene switches to toggle, and have all three set to toggle scene 4, so if you tap whichever button is active it will select scene 4. In this way you have direct access to 4 scenes using only 3 buttons.

Thanks for the input guys, I finally managed to get things working with a correct stand in switch config . . . Quite easy and logical in fact . . . No clue what I had done wrong before.

Take care and have a nice day,

Taco

Back
Top Bottom