External Preamp into Axe Fx

Heinzi

Inspired
Hey,

sorry if this question has been asked before.
If i want to run a preamp into the Axe Fx and use it as poweramp stage plus FX and Cab only, what are your suggestions?
I realize that you can´t have the PA Sim alone, so the Tube Pre with low gain setting was recommended a few years ago - is this still the best way to go?
Did you guys make some new experiences?
Thanks!

Hey,

If i want to run a preamp into the Axe Fx and use it as poweramp stage plus FX and Cab only, what are your suggestions?
I realize that you can´t have the PA Sim alone, so the Tube Pre with low gain setting was recommended a few years ago - is this still the best way to go?
Thanks!
Haven't tried it, but as far as I am aware that's still the recommended solution.

Hey,

Thanks!
I’m curious what the preamp is if you don’t mind sharing. I had a white Crate rack tube preamp I wish I had never parted with. GREAT 80-90’s tone on the gain channel. Decent clean on the other channel. Very effective EQ controls.

I’m curious what the preamp is if you don’t mind sharing. I had a white Crate rack tube preamp I wish I had never parted with. GREAT 80-90’s tone on the gain channel. Decent clean on the other channel. Very effective EQ controls.
Yes sure, i have several Preamps but actually I´m quite curious about the russian Myasnikov Pres, especially the Soldano Type (http://myasnikov-custom.com/)

Yes sure, i have several Preamps but actually I´m quite curious about the russian Myasnikov Pres, especially the Soldano Type (http://myasnikov-custom.com/)

When you try the Soldano amps in the Axe III (SLO, X88 & X99) I don't think you'll want to use the external preamp's anymore.
I used to play SLO and/or a X99 with a Soldano rack poweramp, also used CAA 3+ preamp and many other iconic hi-end preamps. Still have the X99+poweramp set and a Marshall JMP-1 preamp, but haven't turned them on in the last year or two, mainly because I'm digging other amps at the moment but also because of how great the models are.
With the Axe II I used the X99 into the Axe II's tube preamp block and loved it, now I happy to just use the Axe III.

When you try the Soldano amps in the Axe III (SLO, X88 & X99) I don't think you'll want to use the external preamp's anymore.
I used to play SLO and/or a X99 with a Soldano rack poweramp, also used CAA 3+ preamp and many other iconic hi-end preamps. Still have the X99+poweramp set and a Marshall JMP-1 preamp, but haven't turned them on in the last year or two, mainly because I'm digging other amps at the moment but also because of how great the models are.
With the Axe II I used the X99 into the Axe II's tube preamp block and loved it, now I happy to just use the Axe III.
Agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom